DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Premiere Pro vs After Effects

Pacesetter

Reactions
Hi all

For those of you who edit drone footage and hyperlapses, day and night and everything else, what is you go-to program for editing?

Thanks

For hyperlapses (and I mean classic hyperlapses that combine raw stills shot in interval timing), nothing beats this package - LRTimelapse + Adobe Lightroom + After Effects. Use LRT with Lightroom for editing and adjusting the raw stills, export full sized JPEGs from Lightroom once done with the edit, and use After Effects to compose and, more importantly, stabilize the hyperlapse. Might sound like too much at first; but once you get familiar with the work flow, it can be done within half an hour tops. For normal video, I use Davinci Resolve and it hasn't disappointed or failed me yet.

Thanks Doppler, that sounds good. I already have Lightroom so just need to get LRT and After Effects. I use ShotCut for basic video editing as DR doesn't run on my computer.

Thanks Doppler, that sounds good. I already have Lightroom so just need to get LRT and After Effects. I use ShotCut for basic video editing as DR doesn't run on my computer.
LRTimelapse offers a free version that does quite a lot, give it a try. It is a little hard to figure out what to do with it at first, so watch a tutorial or two. Mark a few stills as key frames, edit those in lightroom, and LRT does the rest. It is an amazing little program and you won't regret the time you put into learning it if you do time/hyperlapses often.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98