DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Preparing Flight Plans

Deepwater

Reactions
Flying M2P using iPad Mini. Need to prepare four to six flight plans with way points to photograph and video a large real estate development in the mountains of Norway. Altitude 675-m to 850-m. Each area are approximately 500 acres. Can someone please provide recommendations regarding the following:

1. How do I use the latest DJI Go 4 app to pre-prepare and store my flight plans without connecting to the Mavic or the flight controller?
2. What app would you recommend for this application (Litchi or DJI?)
3. Is there a way I can prepare the maps and flight plans using my Windows laptop?
4. Is there a way to integrate the photos and the videos I take with an AutoCAD generated map of the area?
5. If I have the coordinates from the area, can these be input into the M2P flight plans?

Hope someone has done this before and can provide advise.
Thanks

Flying M2P using iPad Mini. Need to prepare four to six flight plans with way points to photograph and video a large real estate development in the mountains of Norway. Altitude 675-m to 850-m. Each area are approximately 500 acres. Can someone please provide recommendations regarding the following:

1. How do I use the latest DJI Go 4 app to pre-prepare and store my flight plans without connecting to the Mavic or the flight controller?
2. What app would you recommend for this application (Litchi or DJI?)
3. Is there a way I can prepare the maps and flight plans using my Windows laptop?
4. Is there a way to integrate the photos and the videos I take with an AutoCAD generated map of the area?
5. If I have the coordinates from the area, can these be input into the M2P flight plans?

Hope someone has done this before and can provide advise.
Thanks

1)forget about DJI Go 4
2) Get Litchi
3)Use Litchi Mission hub to plan your flights online and the missions transfer to your device you use to fly via internet connection.
4) well what do you know two birds one stone because you can only use coordinates as waypoints if you use the Litchi online mission hub on your computer which we already went over in #3

Even better is Virtual Litchi Mission (VLM). Although the video below is intended for a hyperlapsed mission, it also illustrates how not only you can plan your mission in VLM, but also preview it in Google Earth and see possible obstacles obstructing you flight path. It is the safest workflow I’ve found so far and incredibly easy to use. I already have planned all my missions all the way to the summer.

I’ll also recommend that before you take off, you survey the area to confirm that your Google Earth preview is accurate and updated. I live in Miami where there’s a new high rise popping up every month and Google Earth may not have the latest map image yet.

I think that only works in major downtown areas though. But it’s super cool!

@Deepwater I forgot to mention the pictures taken by Litchi will have coordinate information in the meta data so you should be able to input it into autocad but I haven’t used that program. If you are looking to build a 3D map of this area then there are specific tools to do that with a drone. One of the best ones is called Pix4Dcapture which is like Litchi but specifically more mapping and 3D models. It takes a series of Photos and then stitches them together to make a 2D or 3D model. I tried it out on a small section of a canyon bed where I live and it’s pretty impressive Click on this link to see the full model which allows you to do measurements and all kinds of crazy cool stuff but I’ll attach screen shots of the model below.

So here is the actual 2d picture I took of the area. You can see that it is overlaid onto an actual map of the area. notice how he creek lines up perfectly on the map and my model

This is the 2d model that the program was able to make from my measurements with the drone. Notice the higher elevation is in red lower in blue. I am also able to use my mouse to make measurements of distance between two points and the volume of a shape. screenshot-2.jpeg

Then this is the 3d model of the area and I can pull it around to see it in any orientation I want. I was cautious since this was first time using it and so I had the drone flying very high up above and so I think this model would have been better if I was closer to the bottom.
69418Apparently this area is about 29 acres and it took 1 full battery to do the 2d and 3d models so if you only wanted the 2D model I could have done an area at least twice as large. At any rate if you want something like this its gonna take quite a long time and many batteries to do 500 acres

Reactions: Deepwater
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54