DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PreProgramming a repeatable MA2 flight

BleugrassBoy

Reactions
Hi All,

Hoping to use my new MA2 to repeatedly fly the same autonomous mission over and over?

I’m not doing any data-collection or anything super complicated. At this point I just want to be able to check crop/harvest status in corn fields and I want to get the exact same view/path each time

From my research it looks like this kind of functionality exists using “waypoints 2.0“ for the mavic pro/zoom which use the GO4 app.

What‘s the best way to accomplish this with a MA2?

Thx
BB

Hi All,

Hoping to use my new MA2 to repeatedly fly the same autonomous mission over and over?

I’m not doing any data-collection or anything super complicated. At this point I just want to be able to check crop/harvest status in corn fields and I want to get the exact same view/path each time

From my research it looks like this kind of functionality exists using “waypoints 2.0“ for the mavic pro/zoom which use the GO4 app.

What‘s the best way to accomplish this with a MA2?

Thx
BB
Right now you can’t do this with the MA2. DJI will release the SDK for MA2 so 3rd party apps like Litchi can be used for waypoint features but this is about 3 months away as they just released an SDK without MA2 support.

It’s unlikely DJI will add native waypoint support in the fly app before that and even when they do release the SDK there’s no guarantee they will add waypoint function to the Fly app but if they were going to that’s the best chance for it happening.

Once they update the SDK you will be able to do this with third party apps but maybe not the fly app. Look for this feature about December or January.

Reactions: dawgpilot
The 3rd party changes can well be more than just adding the new api files. All the commands to that api may well have to be changed, missing ones worked around, etc.

Reactions: iaincaradoc
And once the SDK is available, it still needs to be integrated into the existing app, no?

Yes, but seems like the developers of apps like Lichi are pretty quick to do so. I think Lichi (beta) was updated to support the Mavic Mini within a week or two of DJI releasing the SDK.

The full (not beta) Mini-compatible version of Dronelink was released just a few days after the SDK was released so it’s probably reasonable to expect the same with the MA2.

Reactions: Thmoore
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada