DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prescription lenses in UK

Welsh pilot

Reactions
Hi UK Dronies!
Has anyone had the prescription lenses made for the Moverio glasses, maybe by spec savers perhaps?
Mine arriving this week and looking to get the lenses done.

Reactions: Welsh pilot
I can’t help out, not got them but this link might help or answer your questions/thoughts[emoji106]

Thanks Porky

I got mine from Rochester and they are excellent. Although I was charged an extra customs fee on top of the Rochester price of £60. When queried with Rochester they said that this was new to them as other buyers had not been so charged. This fee maybe new or my customs got it wrong I do not know This is not intended as a spoiler against Rochester but it may help with pricing when you get a quote from Specsavers or ANO .

Hi UK Dronies!
Has anyone had the prescription lenses made for the Moverio glasses, maybe by spec savers perhaps?
Mine arriving this week and looking to get the lenses done.
Tried to get mine done at Boots' opticians, wouldn't do them especially if I supplied the frame. Went to a local optician & he had no problem with me supplying Epson's own customised frame. Seems some of these big companies only want our business if they also supply the frame-sounds like a racket to me.

Any optometrist should be able to supply lenses in your prescription. Most will need to send the frame off to their lens supplier for proper fitting (lens to frame). The size and curvature is not common so outside the range of what most shops can get away with trimming to fit standard stock lenses in house. Don’t forget to ask about coating options.

Ok update....
Went Spec savers here in the UK
I gave them my spare glasses and asked if they could cut the lenses down and fit in the frames which they did no problem.
The only problem was when the shop assistant started cleaning them prior to me arriving she was a little heavy handed and snapped the frames!
I’m now trying hard to source another frame.
I must say they are really cheap and flimsy frames.
They charged me £15.00 to cut my existing lenses down and fit.

Reactions: Porky
Ok update....
I gave them my spare glasses and asked if they could cut the lenses down and fit in the frames which they did no problem.
The only problem was when the shop assistant started cleaning them prior to me arriving she was a little heavy handed and snapped the frames!
OMG!

Ok update....
Sorry to hear about this mishap- that is the issue I was alluding to. I have a mate who spends the day fitting lenses to frames including trimming to fit and it was them who opted to send the frames to the lab for a custom lens. The reason explained to me was they suspected the frames would break if they trimmed a standard lens to fit. The curvature is a lot less than most eyeglass frames.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580