DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Pretty Victory" Bulk Carrier Ship - Tampa Bay, Florida

desertvet38

Reactions
Had to get out of the house and get my "drone fix" this morning... I went to my secluded spot where I get these videos of moored ships in Gibsonton (off of Tampa Bay). It was so nice getting out! I shot this at 2.7k, 24fps. Anyways, enjoy, and God bless. Thumbswayup

Last edited:
Beautiful day, doesn't hint at the turmoil there or Worldwide, a nice escape for you and viewers.
Interesting seeing the hatches and how they fold up, and the loading.
From previous videos you posted, what mineral was it ?

The other ship at about 3:00 was quite different, wonder what that ships purpose is ?

Reactions: desertvet38
Wonder if the crews are allowed to leave the ships.... given the passenger liners still off Florida coast awaiting permission to dock?

Beautiful day, doesn't hint at the turmoil there or Worldwide, a nice escape for you and viewers.
Interesting seeing the hatches and how they fold up, and the loading.
From previous videos you posted, what mineral was it ?

The other ship at about 3:00 was quite different, wonder what that ships purpose is ?
Yes, it was a nice, quick escape from the confines of my house! :) I'm not for sure what mineral they were loading into the hull. Phosphorous maybe, since I live so close to a Mosaic sheetrock factory? I really don't know. Others on here will though, I'm sure. The other ship was a long one, but the only thing I could see relevant about it, was that it had a tugboat ("LA FORCE") in the aft position. It was the first time I've seen a ship like that. The tugboat was pulled right up into a slot and secured. This ship has been in port for a few days, so that tug is there to get it out into the shipping lane in the Bay. It'll be under way soon. Thumbswayup

Attachments

• LA FORCE.jpg
    LA FORCE.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Phosphorous maybe,

I had that mineral in mind, was pretty sure a previous video saw that suggested.

The other ship was a long one, but the only thing I could see relevant about it, was that it had a tugboat ("LA FORCE") in the aft position. It was the first time I've seen a ship like that. The tugboat was pulled right up into a slot and secured.

Ah, totally missed the tug berthed there !!
Yes, it looks like a tug 'mothership' / support vessel.
Never seen one before, the tug must push that the wherever it's working and use for servicing / fuelling etc.

Edit typos yet again, lol

Last edited:
I had that mineral in mind, was pretty sure a previous video saw that suggested.

Ah, totally missed the tug berthed there !!
Yes, it looks like a tug 'mothership' / support vessel.
Never seen one before, the tug must lush that the wehrever it's working and use for servicing / fuelling etc.
Yes, someone else in another video I posted was getting topped off with a mineral that looked like the one in this video, and suggested that it was probably phosphate due to us having a Mosaic sheetrock factory right next door. It took me a minute to figure out that the tug was actually separate from the ship it was attached to. But then I figured it out, and yes, you are more than likely correct...that tug ship was probably used for servicing / fueling. :)

The second one is an ATB - Articulated Tug/Barge. The tug fits into the notch of the barge to provide more ship-like handling on longer open-sea voyages, as opposed to the squared-off inland barges you’d see somewhere like the Mississippi River. That’s a tanker barge, likely delivering some sort of urea to the plant for their fertilizer production. I’ve worked with the LA Force before on a voyage when it had a barge loading a cargo of asphalt.

The crews of the foreign vessels like the Pretty Victory are not allowed out for shore leave right now, but the US is still allowing crew changes under certain guidelines.

The second one is an ATB - Articulated Tug/Barge. The tug fits into the notch of the barge to provide more ship-like handling on longer open-sea voyages, as opposed to the squared-off inland barges you’d see somewhere like the Mississippi River. That’s a tanker barge, likely delivering some sort of urea to the plant for their fertilizer production. I’ve worked with the LA Force before on a voyage when it had a barge loading a cargo of asphalt.

The crews of the foreign vessels like the Pretty Victory are not allowed out for shore leave right now, but the US is still allowing crew changes under certain guidelines.
Okay then...thank you very much for clearing that up for us! I had no idea what it was... Now I know, and can educate others as well. The crew has to be itching to get off that ship. I hope they are able to do a crew change for their sake. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000