DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Price tumbling in Uk

Bite BayKon

Reactions
Hmm, I see the Pro Platinum is having an effect on the prices of the Pro. Maplin are now offering it for £974. I wonder how much lower it will go?

It had to happen ! Everyone wants the new one!! Me im happy with the basic one I will just up grade the blades when they are available.

There were selling reman with warranty (Mav / RC / one battery ) for $749 here (US) last week.
Look like back to $800 today.

The other annoying thing about prices is the cost of polar pro filters, full set in the
US $99 plus delivery the Uk £99 plus delivery, robbery all round.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
The other annoying thing about prices is the cost of polar pro filters, full set in the
US $99 plus delivery the Uk £99 plus delivery, robbery all round.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Standard UK rip off pricing though thats been the same for years. They just stick a £ instead of $ meaning price goes up by 20% or so.

$1350 mavic pro combo is £1350. $1800 laptop is £1800. A $1000 phone is £1000.
GoPro6 is $500 or £500

Reactions: Madman44k and Rnl
20%, could that be VAT?

Not really as the US prices also include their sales tax which although isn't 20%, in some areas is a similar percentage. Admittedly our VAT is huge compared to most places but that doesn't explain all of it.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
When the pound was quite a bit stronger, $1.6/£, it was worth buying from the USA and running the risk of being caught for import taxes and handling charges. Since the world has decided that the pound is weak at around $1.3/£ it just isn’t.

Still $500 saving on a fly more. Thats potentially worth the risk still, its a sizeable amount.
(Or if you have someone going there or travelling there yourself the chance of getting caught bringing it back in are pretty much zero if its not boxed).

Standard UK rip off pricing though thats been the same for years. They just stick a £ instead of $ meaning price goes up by 20% or so.

$1350 mavic pro combo is £1350. $1800 laptop is £1800. A $1000 phone is £1000.
GoPro6 is $500 or £500

I have noticed this too 100 dollars ....... 100 euros ....... 100 pounds Basically we get stitched every time :(

I have noticed this too 100 dollars ....... 100 euros ....... 100 pounds Basically we get stitched every time :(

flat-eric.jpg

Reactions: flateric
Is the pound actually stronger than the dollar? REALLY? Serious question.

Right now in central USA Gasoline (or petrol as the limeys say) is $2.25 a gallon, since there is 3.79 liters per gallon, that would mean the stronger currency in pounds is buying petrol for less than .59 pounds per litre. But from what I can see it is more like 1.15 pounds per litre.

Meals at restaurants, milk, eggs, bread, all seem to be just like the gasoline. And, now RC toys too.

If I can buy MORE with my dollar than you can with a pound, how is the pound stronger?

that's all about tax, duty and inflation

When it was 1.5 I was always importing stuff, even with shipping it was still cheaper

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS