DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Print this off hand out to your police and keep some in the car.

This has already come in handy for me.
Page 2 goes into part 107, but for Law Enforcement don't the same rules apply if you're recreational?
The FAA controls the sky 1" above grass blades, the Part 107 is of concern to the FAA and how you are flying, not law enforcement...
Am I missing something?

Reactions: Brojon
Giovanni can you do a concise summary of the regulations please? Too complex. If I don't understand the reasons for the regulations then I find it difficult to comply. Gracias

This has already come in handy for me.
I did print it out and read it and find that it is m mainly for 107 pilots. Unfortunately, I am only a recreational pilot and never intend to use my drone for anything else. It would have been nice to have a more concise form with the rules for recreational drones only.

Reactions: graywoulf and wags1
I think this pamphlet is a good little tool. However, it would be fantastic if the FAA would endorse it as their own and put their logo on it to make it OFFICIAL.

I did print it out and read it and find that it is m mainly for 107 pilots. Unfortunately, I am only a recreational pilot and never intend to use my drone for anything else. It would have been nice to have a more concise form with the rules for recreational drones only.
If you google it, you will find in the FAA website (withe their logo) without the 107 mentioning...

I think this pamphlet is a good little tool. However, it would be fantastic if the FAA would endorse it as their own and put their logo on it to make it OFFICIAL.
Did you not see the FAA logo on the first page of BOTH versions?

Those are FAA LEAP cards and we give them to all LEO when we interact with them.

Unfortunately, That doesn't hold water in the UK and many other places.
Well, obviously. It says quite clearly that its FAA Regulations. lol
Here is a recreational version of the same document.
Thanks. This is GREAT literature to just, "have on hand." +1

A bit of free advice from a flight crew member. The reference to 49 USC 46504 specifies assault, intimmidation, or interference by "an individual on an aircraft". In other words, a manned aircraft. It is not relevant to UAS operation.

18 USC 32(a)(5) is more relevant for page 2 of the PDF.

The first part has the two FAA excerpts.
To my mind you're handing a possibly hostile LEO a laundry list of things he can accuse you of and legitimately disrupt your flight. "Sir, we had a report someone was using a drone to look at their swimming pool".

Reactions: FLDave and mavictk
The first part has the two FAA excerpts.
To my mind you're handing a possibly hostile LEO a laundry list of things he can accuse you of and legitimately disrupt your flight. "Sir, we had a report someone was using a drone to look at their swimming pool".
I completely agree. I would not hand this document to any LEO. Why invite trouble?

I do think page 2 is very good however.

Reactions: Brojon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada