DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro 2 bought on eBay refurb

darren0405

Reactions
Hi everyone

Just after some advice

Bought a pro 2 on eBay and contacted DJI about the Refresh scheme and they told me the drone was already covered and I didn't have to repurchase as it was the drone that was covered and not the owner

Does this sound right?

Cheers

Darren

Does this sound right?
Yes.

If you want to verify it's covered, enter the aircraft serial number here. You can find the serial number inside of the battery compartment at the bottom, right.

Reactions: darren0405 and ff22
Hi everyone

Just after some advice

Bought a pro 2 on eBay and contacted DJI about the Refresh scheme and they told me the drone was already covered and I didn't have to repurchase as it was the drone that was covered and not the owner

Does this sound right?

Cheers

Darren
I'd contact them through their website, so that you had written confirmation of that ... If the payment has been made though ... why not!

I'd contact them through their website, so that you had written confirmation of that ... If the payment has been made though ... why not!

I second this - I would want it in writing from them if possible, either from the DJI or original sale.

Reactions: darren0405
Hi guys

I kept the transcript I had with them so hopefully if something did unfortunately happen I'm covered

Another question I live near the cliffs of Dover if I take off at the bottom and fly over them towards inland lose connection would it still come back to me beneath the cliffs?
As you can tell I'm brand new to this and probably won't do this but just in case when I get more experience
Cheers again

Another question I live near the cliffs of Dover if I take off at the bottom and fly over them towards inland lose connection would it still come back to me beneath the cliffs?
Using the default settings in DJI GO, the Mavic will attempt to return to the home point if the remote controller disconnects for more than 3 seconds. Just make sure the RTH Altitude is set high enough prior to taking off. Set it to the highest nearby obstacle over top of the takeoff point plus about 50 feet to add some padding (since the current altitude is only estimated).

Hi guys

I kept the transcript I had with them so hopefully if something did unfortunately happen I'm covered

As you can tell I'm brand new to this and probably won't do this but just in case when I get more experience
Cheers again

You should be fine to try - if you're comfortable with it anyway, the drone will just start returning home until a connection is restored if the connection is lost.

Just be really careful with you return to home setting's if you're flying under something - this is a really common source of accidents. People usually set their RTH altitude nice and high, which is normally a good idea, but not if you're flying under cliffs, trees, a bridge, etc. since the drone will shoot up right into whatever obstacle is there. Just be mindful of that and you should be fine.

It will as long as your return to home altitude is greater than the height of the cliffs.

The return to home altitude is based on the height the drone was at take off. So, if you take off near sea level, and the cliffs are 100 meters high, you'd want to set your RTH altitude to 120 meters to be safe.

If your return to home altitude is set to 90 meters, then when RTH is activated, the drone will go to 90 meters above your sea level take off point. That's not good if the ground at the top of the cliffs is 100 meters above sea level..

The downward sensors might detect the unexpected ground and prevent a hard collision by going into a hover, but I don't know for sure. I've never tried anything like that.

What I do when I fly is survey my surroundings and make sure the RTH altitude is higher than any objects in my flight path.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61