DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro plat rarely connects, last ditch effort..

donny156

Reactions
Hi all.

I recently bought a pre-owned but basically unused (still had plastic on parts and unwrapped stuff) pro platinum.

Connected up easily with Go 4 app as I’d recently finished loaning a Pro 2 so was well acquainted with all the processes.

Had to update the firmware of the RC and Drone.

Ever since, the initial start up connection to the RC has been really sporadic and only works 1 in 4 times I try. What happens is after the start up prop twitch and flashing, the rear light just flashes yellow and the front lights stay red. (RC Mode) - sometimes it will connect after 10 minutes sometimes never.

Binding with the controller never does anything. Toggling the wifi switch doesn’t do anything. It has never connected to the assistant ios app (App Store reviews say nobodies does) and I’ve never got it to show up on a computer or connect to wifi it’s mode.

It’s as if there’s absolutely nothing I can do myself it only connects whenever IT wants to..

Before I ask for a return online I would really like to make a last ditch effort to resolve this.

iPhone 12
Firmware is 01.04.0500 on both.
App version 4.3.46
Absolutely no damage to products or cables and have tried other cables too

Had to update the firmware of the RC and Drone.
Updates are not mandatory. I wonder if the outcome of this issue would have been different without the update that was done.
I‘m leaning towards a bug on DJI’s part.

Updates are not mandatory. I wonder if the outcome of this issue would have been different without the update that was done.
I‘m leaning towards a bug on DJI’s part.

Yeh perhaps. I’d love to figure out how to change the firmware however as I’ve mentioned I can’t connect it to anything that allows me to do that.

I’ve also gathered from reading 1000 topics trying to fix the issue that DJI help are essentially useless.

I’ll try to plug one of my old Mavic’s into the assistant and see if it shows up on the computer. Haven’t done one of those for some time. One of them is on a very old firmware. May confirm if the firmware might be the issue.

You need to connect to your computer with a cord for Assistant, I don't believe it will connect via wifi. Assistant is mainly designed for desktops, perhaps it is compatible with iPads which is why it has an iOS version?

You need to install DJI assistant 2 on a pc or Mac and connect the drone to the computer using a usb lead. You’ll need to make a change to a setting to allow the drone and computer to see each other but it’s so long since I set this up that I‘ve forgotten what that was because it has persisted and still works on my laptop, pc and Mac Mini even though they are regularly updated.

You need to install DJI assistant 2 on a pc or Mac and connect the drone to the computer using a usb lead. You’ll need to make a change to a setting to allow the drone and computer to see each other but it’s so long since I set this up that I‘ve forgotten what that was because it has persisted and still works on my laptop, pc and Mac Mini even though they are regularly updated.

I know this have read a few hundred threads before posting this. It doesn’t show up on the Mac whatsoever. Have used about 5 different cables including original.

If you can remember the setting let me know. It doesn’t show up in disk utility either which normally shows anything with memory that’s plugged in.

You need to connect to your computer with a cord for Assistant, I don't believe it will connect via wifi. Assistant is mainly designed for desktops, perhaps it is compatible with iPads which is why it has an iOS version?
Thanks, but see above reply. Every single review on the App Store says assistant iOS doesn’t work, would have thought someone would have piped up about iPads if that was the case, but I’ll still give it a shot.

I know this have read a few hundred threads before posting this. It doesn’t show up on the Mac whatsoever. Have used about 5 different cables including original.

If you can remember the setting let me know. It doesn’t show up in disk utility either which normally shows anything with memory that’s plugged in.
Google “allowing unsigned drivers“ in windows. Fairly certain that DJI don’t sign their drivers for the usb connection to a windows device.

Tried to connect my MPP(after i dusted it off!)to my current Mac laptop.
No luck.
Went back to the old Mac desktop and it worked without an issue.
The difference between the two Mac’s is the software numbers.
Laptop is on 12.01 and showing an update available. (not going to update without some research on the 12.1)
The desktop is running 10.13.06
I‘m uncertain what this all means, but from what I’m seeing, I’m leaning towards the variation on the Mac numbers.
The old desktop actually allowed me to downgrade firmware. Just thought I’d try it to see if it would complete the process.

Google “allowing unsigned drivers“ in windows. Fairly certain that DJI don’t sign their drivers for the usb connection to a windows device.
I have an iMac :/
Tried to connect my MPP(after i dusted it off!)to my current Mac laptop.
No luck.
Went back to the old Mac desktop and it worked without an issue.
The difference between the two Mac’s is the software numbers.
Laptop is on 12.01 and showing an update available. (not going to update without some research on the 12.1)
The desktop is running 10.13.06
I‘m uncertain what this all means, but from what I’m seeing, I’m leaning towards the variation on the Mac numbers.
The old desktop actually allowed me to downgrade firmware. Just thought I’d try it to see if it would complete the process.

My computer has 10.14.6, I rarely update it as we don’t have Wifi.

My Mac Mini won’t take the latest version of OSX. I’m working currently but I’ll fire it up this evening and connect up the Mavic Pro and see what happens. I normally do all my updating or patching on windows devices but I know that it used to connect to the Mac if needed.

Hi all. I managed to fix it in the end.

I went out and bought a new, quality USB to 3 way cable. I deleted and reinstalled assistant on my Mac, and seemingly crucially restarted my Mac.

I was then able to see the controller and drone in assistant and revert the firmware to an older version. It connected first and second time I tried it so it seems it is solved.

Absolutely mental that the new firmware bricks the drone, I’m very determined and tech savvy and I know there are older folk buying these who wouldnt be so lucky to solve these kind of issues.

Thanks for all your advice.

So………… Is it possible that when you re-installed the assistant, you ended up with a different version number?

So………… Is it possible that when you re-installed the assistant, you ended up with a different version number?

It says ‘no longer updated’ when you go to the assistant download and the version is years old, so I don’t think so.

I think it’s more of a case of new cable and restarting the computer which I don’t think I did last time.

Also I had downloaded the older version called ‘assistant for Mavic pro’ which makes you do stuff in terminal to install. It didn’t actually work and eventually just tells you to get the newer version, but perhaps something during the set up of that one helps the new version.

Glad that it was as simple as replacing a cable. No idea about the quality ‘USB to 3 way cable’. I just use a USB A to a reversible micro USB cable that protects the tongue in the socket of the RC and to be honest treat updates to firmware like the plague and stay well away from them. I used Superpatcher (only for Windows) and have the least restricted but most flight modes I can get. The pilot should be responsible for flight safety not DJI.

Reactions: Scona

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54