DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem after firmware update

apopj

Reactions
Hello all, I also posted this under discussions cause I didn't know this was here... Until I get it sorted, I'll just say that after updating the software on my Mavic, when I auto launch, it rises..... and rises..... and rises until it reaches max altitude (beginner mode). I have to move the altitude post down and then it comes down, and down, and down until it lands. No matter what I do, it continues up or down. Tap to exit has no affect. I'm going back to old version and see what happens..... anyone else had this problem?????

Hello all, I also posted this under discussions cause I didn't know this was here... Until I get it sorted, I'll just say that after updating the software on my Mavic, when I auto launch, it rises..... and rises..... and rises until it reaches max altitude (beginner mode). I have to move the altitude post down and then it comes down, and down, and down until it lands. No matter what I do, it continues up or down. Tap to exit has no affect. I'm going back to old version and see what happens..... anyone else had this problem?????

What is your software version. Firmware version ?

I'm not sure as I'm not at the aircraft right now... but, I will be going to the local park and after making sure I'm not near ANYTHING, will try it again after the retrogress to the old firmware.....

Okay, update in order:

After talking with DJI support (pretty helpful but difficult to understand and tended to skip over steps... Like, plug cable in and start aircraft... plug what cable into where??? you get the picture) I installed the DJI assistant. Using the assistant, I reloaded the OLD firmware over the newest I had just downloaded. I went into the controller calibration box, and was able to calibrate the controller with no problem. This leads me to believe there was a glitch in the newest firmware. I then too the Mavic to a local park, treeless area. Auto take off, no problem. Manual take off, no problem. Sooooooo, since I didn't have a problem before the newest firmware, and I did after loading it, and the problem disappeared after reloading the old firmware... I can pretty safely deduce that for some reason the newest firmware did not like my Mavic. Whether it will work with your's, I cannot say. But for now, I'm keeping the old. Thanks for all of the help guys, it's appreciated....

Hi,
With this last firmware update my problem is diferent than yours. I'm limited to 50m from RC and 30m weight...
I have the same firmware in both rc and drone, my app version is the latest and i restarted everything!still so the same problem...

My suggestion would be to do what i did and reinstall the old firmware.. If you aircraft flies normally, it's the update, if not, it's something else

Hi,
With this last firmware update my problem is diferent than yours. I'm limited to 50m from RC and 30m weight...
I have the same firmware in both rc and drone, my app version is the latest and i restarted everything!still so the same problem...
You will probably need to sign into the Go app again with a wifi connection for internet. This is like your initial sign in when you first got the MP.
After that you will be good to go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya