DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem connecting Mavic Air to iPhone 10

omahajoe

Reactions
Problem? I have been using my Mavic Air for several weeks now with no problems. Suddenly, a few days ago, when I tried to open the DJI GO 4 app, instead of opening the app and connecting, it goes to a sign in screen as if this were the first time I was using the app. When I try to sign in using my email address and password, I get a "sign in" failed message. I was not sure if I set up my own password or used the password that is printed on the side of the drone. The printed password does not work, so I assume I did set my own password. When I click on the "Reset password" link, it asks for a Chinese phone number. I tried my actual phone number, but it won't accept it. My question, therefore is, how do I get that password reset? It is not the password for my WiFi. It is the password I use to sign into the DJI GO 4 app.

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? I have tried resetting the system by using the button/light that is on the back of the drone. I have tried all the different combinations (hold 2 seconds, hold 3 seconds, hold 4 seconds). None of them work

What device are you using ( iPhone , iPad, Samsung , etc)? iPhone 10

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Remote controller

What Go app version are you using? I deleted the version on my phone and downloaded the most recent one today (3/3/2019)

Any modification? No

Did you change anything or install any apps? Only the DJI GO 4 app.

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) No

It's asking for your DJI account username and password, not the password on the side of the drone. The password on the drone is for connecting to the drone's WiFi network directly from your phone without using a controller.

It's asking for your DJI account username and password, not the password on the side of the drone. The password on the drone is for connecting to the drone's WiFi network directly from your phone without using a controller.

I understand what you are saying. The problem is I do not remember the password for my DJI account and I cannot figure out how to have it reset. The 'forgot password' link in the app does not work. It keeps asking for a Chinese phone number.

Do you know any other way to have the DJI account password reset other than through the app?

Thanks.

I understand what you are saying. The problem is I do not remember the password for my DJI account and I cannot figure out how to have it reset. The 'forgot password' link in the app does not work. It keeps asking for a Chinese phone number.

Do you know any other way to have the DJI account password reset other than through the app?

Thanks.

You can reset the password via email at https://account.dji.com

I just tested it myself and it never asked for my phone number.

Reactions: omahajoe
That worked! Thank's a lot. I will certainly save my new password in case this happens again.

Thanks again.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851