DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem Flying Mavic 2 Pro with Luma Cube Lights Attached

Mr.Gale

Reactions
I have flown with these lights attached before, but now when I take off it will stay up for 10 to 20 seconds than autolands. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know what the problem is? I made a video showing what is happening. YouTube
Thanks for any help,
Mr.G

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
I have flown with these lights attached before, but now when I take off it will stay up for 10 to 20 seconds than autolands. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know what the problem is? I made a video showing what is happening. YouTube
Thanks for any help,
Mr.G

What happens when you give it extra power will it continue to fly .
Also are you using the Lattest Update ?

If I hit the RED X I can still climb, but as soon as I move the stick to neutral, it starts autoland again.
The controller says I have the latest firmware.
Thanks,
Mr.G

I used to make my own quadrocopters and I found that the centre of gravity was surprisingly important. Basically not like fixed wing, but if it is too much in the front the front motors take alot of power and the back ones take less power. This is not good for the whole control loop, the motors should be in the similar speed & power range. I had unwanted flips due to slight inbalance (not on DJI quadrocopters, because DJI will give errors if the motors are not within a power & speed specification).

I would guess that the lights shoud be moved back a bit. The COG is in the middle, between the front and aft motors.

Why do you need lights?

I got the brackets and lights from Luma Cube, and moving them is not possible. I'm trying to do some light painting.
Thanks for your suggestion.
Mr.G

If I hit the RED X I can still climb, but as soon as I move the stick to neutral, it starts autoland again.
The controller says I have the latest firmware.
Thanks,
Mr.G

I dont think anything is wrong with the drone but this last update has some quirks.
and this is one of them. I dont think moving the lights will have any effect on them.

There just to heavy now , and it causing the drone to react with this mode.
You can still fly just not quickly.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Float on Water.

Yes, the drone flies fine without the lights attached, but I flu it the night before with no problem, and I haven't updated the firmware for quite a while.
Thanks, for helping me with this problem,
Mr.G

I have flown with these lights attached before, but now when I take off it will stay up for 10 to 20 seconds than autolands. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know what the problem is?
Random guesses rarely come up with the solution.
The first step to solving the mystery is (as usual) to find out what is causing the issue by looking at the flight data.

may i ask do you always move your drone after you have got it all ready to fly ,its better to have it in the position you are going to take off from as moving it changes the home point and can cause issues ,JMO

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Those carbon blades spin faster than the stock ones and are known to cause warning issues. Try the stock ones.

You win the cigar! It fly's fine after replacing the carbon fiber props. I forgot that I had changed the props after my first night flight. The reason I changed them is on the second night I didn't get one of the light brackets all the down and the prop on the front broke when it hit the bracket.

You guys are the best! Thanks very much for all your help.

Mr.G

You win the cigar! It fly's fine after replacing the carbon fiber props. I forgot that I had changed the props after my first night flight. The reason I changed them is on the second night I didn't get one of the light brackets all the down and the prop on the front broke when it hit the bracket.

You guys are the best! Thanks very much for all your help.

Mr.G

Yahoo! Mavic Pilots to the rescue once again.

It's good to be part of this forum Thumbswayup ?

I’m so glad to see us helping each other all the time, good group usually on here. I don’t know where I would be without this forum 4 different Mavics later, LOL. I had the Lume Cubes on my old Mavic Platinum and was planning on getting a new set for the Mavic 2 and you almost talked me out of it, lol. I guess I may still get a set, just won’t change my props...

Carbon fiber props inducing autoland. That is so strange!

I got the brackets and lights from Luma Cube, and moving them is not possible. I'm trying to do some light painting.
Thanks for your suggestion.
Mr.G
Mainly wondering how sturdy or secure the camera is for the “light painting” like it talks about in this screen picture I took...F952ED3A-7746-4925-8A3F-4D7472CEDDB1.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov