DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem unlocking NFZ's

offtheback

Reactions
Mavic 2 Pro DJI GO4 with Ipad 4 mini.Often when I go through the process(on the Ipad) and it confirms the unlock it does not show in the app under unlocking licenses.NFZ zone is often not unlocked but sometimes I get a dialog box that asks me to confirm and then it works.What am I missing?

Reactions: crlmjohnson
you are doing it correctly. it does not stay unlock forever. I believe it is only for a few days, I believe 3.

do you know what air space you are trying to fly in?

I believe if you are trying to fly in a truely restricted air space, you will not be able to unlock the NFZ. 5 miles within a class B or C., Jails, national park, wild life preserves, some Universities, these are just a few without FAA approval

if you give the location you are trying to fly, I can use Skyvector and see if I can give you an answer to what air space you are trying to fly. to see if that is the reason that your drone motors are not starting. Because the warning to go away on my drone, when I go thru the prompts to fly.

is this the place....1547750731908.png

1547750836930.png

1547751990536.png

1547751945016.png

summary:
you are in a Class E.
I looked up the airport, it is also a non-tower airport. if you have you FAA pilot license, then legal you can fly in that zone. check the airport hours. as long as you stay under 400'

other than that, your motors should engaged, after you go thru the prompts.

I am wander about the runway directions and the where you are actually trying to take off from, because I do think that the DJI NFZ software does take into account of the runway directions, and that might be also the reason why you are still getting the warning. but I am also in the direction of a runway, but my motors do enaged.

Hi crlmjohnson,

I was wondering about your comment that someone with a FAA Pilots license can fly legally in restricted airport airspace. I had not heard that before. Where do you get/learn that information from?

Ken

you CANNOT fly in restriction airspace

if you are in Class e under 700', Mag line Class E airspace starts at 700' and up

Please refer to the pictures that I uploaded. i just Passed my Part 107 pilot license on 19 Nov 2018.
I uploaded the picture from the Remote Pilot - Small Unmanned Aircraft System Study Guide.

summary:
you are in a Class E.
I looked up the airport, it is also a non-tower airport. if you have you FAA pilot license, then legal you can fly in that zone. check the airport hours. as long as you stay under 400'

other than that, your motors should engaged, after you go thru the prompts.

I am wander about the runway directions and the where you are actually trying to take off from, because I do think that the DJI NFZ software does take into account of the runway directions, and that might be also the reason why you are still getting the warning. but I am also in the direction of a runway, but my motors do enaged.

Just to clarify,unlock is available per the DJI unlocking website so the problem I am having sometimes is I have unlocked successfully but does not transfer to my DJI GO 4app.Other times it unlocks and does let me fly.

this is why i hate DJI and their draconian NFZs. their "unlock" process does not help me at all. i often (every month) fly for commercial purposes inside the zero ring of a class "C" airport. i tried jumping through DJIs hoops - but found it much easier to downgrade firmware on my MP and never update. i always call the tower, they always give the go-ahead, and i always get my shots. patiently waiting for a DJI killer to hit the market before i buy another. actually, i'll probably build an octo to carry a gh4.

Reactions: Drgnfli and PHZ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada