DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with DJI 4 Go, suddenly

Gorlash

Reactions
So I've been sitting indoors, just playing around with things and studying the manual.
I have the drone turned on, remote is connected to it, and remote is connected via the USB-A connector to my cell phone (which does not fit in the arms of the remote); both are attached to the 'tablet stents' fixture which came in the kit. All was working fine, until I wanted to install the MicroSD drive in the drone. So I powered it down, installed the drive in the slot, then powered it back up. The remote connected to it automatically, but did not show 'SD' on the display. The DJI 4 Go app was connected to the remote.

I started looking through menus and reading online, trying to figure out how to initialize the drive on the drone. I *did* find where to specify the directory on the phone to store files at. But then the app disconnected from the drone, and switched back to the home "Find Device" screen. When I try to go through the 4-screen sequence to connect, it stops at screen 3, telling me to extend the antennae on the remote and plug in the USB cable... and it hangs there!! The remote is connected to the drone, and the USB cable is attached between remote and phone.

I tried powering down all three components, then bringing them back up again, but I seem to be stuck at this point for some reason - but it was working before... please help !!

And if there is some other forum which I should go for Android app assistance, feel free to point me to it...

I have a Droid too. This happened to me and what ended up working was powering it down several times and checking to make sure the plug in the phone is totally in. Mine doesn't fit in that plug well and so found I have to keep checking it. It worked after several tries. Seems to be finicky. I have the USB-C type phone connector, for the record.

I'd reformat the SD card in a pc and try it again

on Mavic 2 this option is located in the camera settings (drone on and connected to controller, there are three small lines below the record button which when selected opens the camera settings menu and the settings icon has at the bottom the option of selecting internal or external memory in the drone itself) I guess that it's similar to your application

he remote connected to it automatically, but did not show 'SD' on the display. The DJI 4 Go app was connected to the remote.
You may have to switch the default storage location from the AC's internal memory to the SD card.

dji-go-storage-location-jpg.30309

Pictures are from this post by, the awesome, most helpful @msinger.

• Love
Reactions: Gorlash
You should always format the SD card in the drone you are flying at the time. That drone's electronics knows what it "wants to see". ;-)

Okay, all issues in this thread have been addressed. I thank you all for your help!!

MicroSD card: I found the settings on Settings menus, formatted SD disk, and specified storage on SD card.

The connection between phone and remote works fine when I use the cable which came with the unit.
I had tried switching to a shorter USB-A -> USB-Micro cable, but that apparently is not usable. Oh well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e