DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with .DNG files and Capture One

ThruMyEyes

Reactions
I just received my Mavic 3 Classic yesterday and took it out for a few test flights. Overall I'm really impressed. I've been using an Autel Evo 2 Pro 6k for the past 2 years and almost everything about the Mavic 3 is an upgrade. The color science is dramatically better and if nothing else would be worth upgrading for.

I ran into an issues when trying to edit the raw .DNG files. Capture 1 (v22 newest) will not load the .DNG files. It comes back with a 'Proxy Error'. The JPGs are fine.

I saw some people using EXIF editors to fix the issue, but that's not really a very efficient workaround. I just want the files to load properly!

Does anyone have any ideas?

JPEG from Downtown Sarasota last night! :)

View attachment DJI_0011.jpg

I just received my Mavic 3 Classic yesterday and took it out for a few test flights. Overall I'm really impressed. I've been using an Autel Evo 2 Pro 6k for the past 2 years and almost everything about the Mavic 3 is an upgrade. The color science is dramatically better and if nothing else would be worth upgrading for.

I ran into an issues when trying to edit the raw .DNG files. Capture 1 (v22 newest) will not load the .DNG files. It comes back with a 'Proxy Error'. The JPGs are fine.

I saw some people using EXIF editors to fix the issue, but that's not really a very efficient workaround. I just want the files to load properly!

View attachment 156769
The image is beautiful but way to Cyan. Use the warming slider on it a bit to recover some of the whites. The WB seems to be off. As pertaining to the DNG files, have you tried to download the free Adobe DNG converter? Here is a screen grab that attaches with LRTimelapse. Scroll through this. Or go to Adobe.com and search for DNG converter. (it is free).

Dale
1667666185453.png

Dale

Yes I have the DNG converter, but doesn't make a difference.

Photo was taken post sunset and that's what it looked like. Not sure why I'd adjust my settings to your taste, but thanks for the feedback...

Yes I have the DNG converter, but doesn't make a difference.

Photo was taken post sunset and that's what it looked like. Not sure why I'd adjust my settings to your taste, but thanks for the feedback...
ThruMy Eyes

I realize that you saw your image a certain way, but I just could not resist editing it to make the white boats look white, etc. I edited this using masking tool for sky, then another masking tool for the foreground. I tried to warm it up a bit in each. Here they are, side by side. Boats in harbor-original.jpgBoats in Harbor edited.jpg

View attachment 156769
I use C1 v.22 without any problem. I would simply uninstall and reinstall.
The v. 21 won't open DNG files from Mavic 3, so one possibility I can think of is that your 30 day free trial period might have ellapsed and your C1 might have reverted back to v.21 without you realizing it? The other possibility is that DJI has made the Classic DNG files proprietary again, like they did with Mavic 3 and C1v.22 lost ability to open them. That would be terrible...

Last edited:
Reactions: ThruMyEyes
I use C1 v.22 without any problem. I would simply uninstall and reinstall.
The v. 21 won't open DNG files from Mavic 3, so one possibility I can think of is that your 30 day free trial period might have ellapsed and your C1 might have reverted back to v.21 without you realizing it? The other possibility is that DJI has made the Classic DNG files proprietary again, like they did with Mavic 3 and C1v.22 lost ability to open them. That would be terrible...

That actually seems to have fixed the issue. I only recently upgraded to v22 about a week ago, so I'm surprised that was the solution, but I'll take it!

Thanks very much for the tip!

Just need someone to release some ND filters for the classic and I'll be all set. I'm super impressed with this drone so far!

Last edited:
I realize that you saw your image a certain way, but I just could not resist editing it to make the white boats look white,
White objects will reflect the colour of the light that falls on them.
If the photo is shot in cool blue light, it's normal for white things to show as cool blue.

Reactions: ThruMyEyes
White objects will reflect the colour of the light that falls on them.
If the photo is shot in cool blue light, it's normal for white things to show as cool blue.

Exactly this. Anything taken after sunset (or in shadow) will have a noticeable blue cast. Especially when you're already photography blue water.

He essentially edited the photo to look like it was taken during the middle of the day, which is ways off from the actual scene. Plus a bunch of added contrast that doesn't help either. Not sure why anyone would think they know better than the person who took the actual photo 🤣

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo