DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with Ghosting in FLIR and MSX modes on M2E Dual

tillmanclt

Reactions
Is anyone else having problems with ghosting? When I record FLIR or MSX images and video, a random still frame is superimposed in the video or still. the problem is also visible in the feed to the mobile device. This has pretty much rendered the FLIR and MSX modes useless. The only way to clear it is to re calibrate the FLIR.

After working with it trying find a consistent failure point, I have to calibrate the camera with a solid dark field. If I do not do this, every time I switch from visible to FLIR, it ghosts the first image it captures on all the IR or MSX stills or video. If I re-calibrate the camera, it ghosts the first image it captures after re calibrating... I don't think this is normal. I have worked with IR/FLIR for a long time, and never had this type of problem. Granted it could be operator error on my part, but I can't find anything in the documentation that would describe this. Therefore, I have to believe it is a problem.... I'm stumped.

I was just flying my M2ED today for the second time, and I also noticed this happening. It's very concerning as I'm anticipating on using this for work. I'm going to raise it as an issue with DJI I think and see what they say.

Update. I sent my M2E in for repair. It was done under warranty. They told me that it was a bad gimble ribbon cable. I should get it back next week. We will see if it has fixed the problem

I just ordered my MDE2 as of minutes ago...in fact you are the firsts to know. Thanks for this issue feedback.

I will be looking into it once delivered and try it out. I've had experience with Flir handheld but not drone.

I'll publish results from my end.

Update: This issue is still ongoing for me, technicians at Heliguy and DJI seem stumped
I don't see why they are stumped, this will very simply be an issue with the H3 SoC. They can whack a new main board in there and it'll be fine.

Reactions: southskene
Update. I sent my M2E in for repair. It was done under warranty. They told me that it was a bad gimble ribbon cable. I should get it back next week. We will see if it has fixed the problem
update. DJI was extremely responsive. Actually replaced the aircraft. All is working fine now. Took less than 2 weeks. Couldn't be happier.

Is anyone else having problems with ghosting? When I record FLIR or MSX images and video, a random still frame is superimposed in the video or still. the problem is also visible in the feed to the mobile device. This has pretty much rendered the FLIR and MSX modes useless. The only way to clear it is to re calibrate the FLIR.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose