DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems getting past "How to Connect"

YellowDemon

Reactions
I have DJI Go on my Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to fly my Inspire 1. That works fine.
I followed the instructions powering on the RC, then the Mavic and then connecting the phone and starting the app.
The Phone displays System UI when the cable is connected and the DJI GO app just presents "How to Connect" and I can't go any further.
I've tried my iPad mini and that did the same although a friends Galaxy S5 allowed us to Connect.

Any suggestions?

I've tried the Go4 app and the same thing. Could it be a Android setting that's stopping it?

Some have had the same issue, not sure how to solve it.
The "system UI" is supposed to be the prompt where you select which app to use with the device, but it's somehow broken on some Samsung phones. Unfortunately until you've selected the app it won't connect.
You should be able to bypass it by making sure only one compatible app is installed.i.e. only one of the Go3 / Go 4 installed, and no other SDK app installed e.g. Litchi.

I followed the instructions powering on the RC, then the Mavic and then connecting the phone and starting the app.
The Phone displays System UI when the cable is connected and the DJI GO app just presents "How to Connect" and I can't go any further.
I've tried my iPad mini and that did the same although a friends Galaxy S5 allowed us to Connect.

Any suggestions?

What version of DJI GO are you using ?

And which cable are you using to connect to the RC ?

I uninstalled and reinstalled DJI GO today so it should be the latest version and I'm also using the cables supplied with the controller.
I also removed all the defaults from all the apps on the phone so as to force it to ask the question "do you want this app to be the default"
Still no luck and the System UI is still displaying when I plug the cable in.
I've just factory reset my phone to try and solve it

Glad you got it sorted .....

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app
Wiping your phone or getting another doesn't seem like much of a solution. I'm not trying to be a jerk - just frustrated beyond my limit by trying, without success, to solve the same type of problem.
For what it's worth, my phone is an Idol 3. DJIGo 3.1 thinks that I have a DJI Inspire but won't connect and 4.0 will not connect either. Reboots, reinstallations, cable swaps ...no joy. I haven't explored the firewall settings suggestion; that's next.

Wiping your phone or getting another doesn't seem like much of a solution.

I have had a similar problem twice now. I solved it by uninstalling all of the other apps except for DJI GO. When I first installed DJI GO I also installed the Litche app to see which one I liked better. It wouldn't connect with either app. When I uninstalled the litche app it worked fine. Then this morning I tried installing drone deploy. Again the DJI Go app wouldn't work. When I uninstalled Drone Deploy everything connected up fine.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android version 6.0.1

Hope this helps.

DB

Reactions: Mr. P
I just wanted to update the group. I purchased a used Samsung Note 3 w/ Android 5.1 from Craigslist and everything now works perfectly.
To save anyone from scrolling up, I was using an Alcatel Idol 3 with android 6.x.x.

For what it's worth, the Note 3 is a very nice device. I paid $100 (prev. T-Mobile but unlocked) from a retired gentleman who had the original box and literature. I was also looking at newer DJI or forum recommended phones that were in less then excellent shape (cracked screen, etc.). I mentioned this because there are options out there for anyone considering going this route. I swapped in my Cricket sim card and created new APN parameters for my service which allowed me to connect and download DJI Go. BTW, Cricket uses the AT&T network and has no recommended phones that are not at MSRP.
Hope this helps anyone who is struggling with "off-brand" phones.

Any suggestions?
I'M having the same problem with Samsung Galaxy S 5 and have not resolved it... tried my sons s7 also without success. .

I see many are using the Samsung Galaxy S5 but mine has a USB 3.0 port and I don't have that in my kit. So where can I get this adapter to connect my S5?

This is a common problem with DJI/Samsung. Samsung default's USB to charging. It's annoying and should be included in an update by DJI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada