DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems with SKYREAT PL Filters

Dopper

Reactions
Yesterday I tried some Skyreat PL filters I purchased for the first time. When I first installed one I kept getting gimble issues. After a lot of adjusting I realized that it wasn't pushed on all the way. After figuring that out I took some videos. When I was putting my MPP away I couldn't get the filter back off the camera lens. I went home to do it where I had better light and environment to work. It took me at least 10-15 minutes to finally get it off. I was so afraid that I was going to damage the gimble and the filter because I had to twist and turn the the filter while trying to hold the camera lens. Now, I'm afraid to put another filter on.
I checked reviews and they weren't bad but, they they are lower priced then my PolarPro ND filters so this may be a case of, "you get what you pay for!" Has anybody else have this problem or am I doing something wrong in the installation? Thank you for any help!

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I always use the gimbal clamp fitted to change or fit / remove filters.
MPP same as my M1P.
I would keep using them as they should settle in and gradually be easier to use.
They should be decent optical glass and have the multi coated low reflection coating on them ? (Like a camera lens ?)

i have a set of MIAO LAB filters 4,8,16,32 ND they are very light and where they fit on the camera they have a spring type ring on the inside they slip on and off very easily but once fitted they are very secure, they are all metal and the lenses are coated as Mavic_South_OZ said, never had any issues with the gimbal when they are fitted

Well, I decided to try another one of my PL Skyreat filters thinking that I possibly got a bad fitting filter the first time I tried one. Same result. It took me at least 20 minutes to get the filter off. I'm too afraid I am going to compromise the gimble if I haven't already. They only thing I can think of is perhaps their is a burr or something catching on the filter. I tried my ND PolorPro filters again and they go on and off beautifully. Sadly, I'm going to send them back.

Last edited:
I've found a small, flat cable like an RJ-11, makes it easy to get the filters off a Mavic Pro or Mavic 2 Zoom. I make a little loop around the filter, avoiding the camera body, pinch the loop tighter, and it's easy to turn the filter without pressing the filter tighter on the lens.

I like the Mavic 2's threaded filters better than those that press onto a Pro lens, but either can be hard to remove, so I keep a piece of RJ-11 jumper cable with my filter kit and use it when I can't pop a filter off with my fingernail.

Thank you for the advice. I probably would have tried that and perhaps it might have offered me a solution to my filter removal. I'll keep that in mind should I have another issue with a filter.
I already returned the filters this AM. I went with the SKYREAT over the PolarPro's simply because the set was half the price and included a UV filter. I guess, I better spend the money to be sure I have a filter that will work properly. Thanks again for everyone's advice!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom