DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems with the smart controller radar

mario54

Reactions
I own a dji mavic 2 pro + smart controller, for a few days the radar arrow (bottom left of the controller is offset by 15-20 degrees with respect to the orientation of the drone. someone who used a smartphone paired with the traditional controller. I don't know if there is a possibility to adjust the compass of the smart controller.

If it’s any consolation I have almost never had the radar arrow point correctly, MP, M2P, standard controller with tablet or with the SC.
Calibrations make no difference, I now ignore it ?

I own a dji mavic 2 pro + smart controller, for a few days the radar arrow (bottom left of the controller is offset by 15-20 degrees with respect to the orientation of the drone. someone who used a smartphone paired with the traditional controller. I don't know if there is a possibility to adjust the compass of the smart controller.
In Settings on SC is a fast and simple way to calibrate compass. This takes 15 seconds and I do this each time at the place being flown. Sometimes you need to click in the radar box.

If you spend 650 euros + the price of the drone, I expect them to be almost perfect, otherwise it would be better to buy a 200 euros drone ...

I had an issue where after updating to the latest version of the firmware the SC arrow did not work well at all. I downgraded back to the previous version and it worked perfect. Just wondering if you recently did a firmware upgrade?

If you spend 650 euros + the price of the drone, I expect them to be almost perfect, otherwise it would be better to buy a 200 euros drone ...
The problem has been reported with the standard controller as well. DJI knows of the problem. Perhaps they are not revealing their may be an issue beyond their control.

I do not update anymore, the problems are more than the benefits, I am stuck at the firmware: 01.00.670.

In the SC settings theres an option to calibrate the compass.

Just like with phones and tablets, it needs recalibrating at times and wont tell you of that fact.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo