DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems with transferring files via USB

irakli1993

Reactions
Hello guys. I have several issues while trying to transfer files from Mavic 2 zoom to PC (Windows 7, 32 bit) via USB cable:

1. When connecting cable, Windows tries to install drivers but fails, saying "device driver software was not successfully installed";
2. Internal storage and SD card are shown as shortcuts (why?). However I can access them and see files;
3. What I can't see though, is recent files, which must be there. I could see them on my phone, before connecting the drone to PC. Now all the new files are just gone.

Could you please, explain what's going on and if there is any way I can restore my files? I couldn't find answers via google search.
Sorry that I can't attach screenshots now.

Hello guys. I have several issues while trying to transfer files from Mavic 2 zoom to PC (Windows 7, 32 bit) via USB cable:

1. When connecting cable, Windows tries to install drivers but fails, saying "device driver software was not successfully installed";
2. Internal storage and SD card are shown as shortcuts (why?). However I can access them and see files;
3. What I can't see though, is recent files, which must be there. I could see them on my phone, before connecting the drone to PC. Now all the new files are just gone.

Could you please, explain what's going on and if there is any way I can restore my files? I couldn't find answers via google search.
Sorry that I can't attach screenshots now.
I **THINK** that somewhere on the DJI support site, you can find either the Assistant app (get the newest one for Mavic TWO devices) and it should contain the necessary drivers. There might be a separate drivers download??

My biggest problem is navigating around the various folders/directories and finding the photos or videos I know are on the device. I go up and down the folder tree till find them.

There was a bug that stamped the wrong date on files. Some had a year of 2013 and others have dates for earlier flights. So, looking for the most recent files did not always find them since their dates were wrong. I don't know if you are suffering the bug but check even among older files.

Also, you can download pictures and videos (they can take a long time to download) from drone to either your device or smart controller. There's the Review/Preview Icon under the camera settings. When reviewing items, there's another small icon which represents DOWNLOAD. It will copy from the drone. It takes battery power and videos can take quite a while but photos are quick.

Let's see if anyone else has ideas.

Reactions: irakli1993
I **THINK** that somewhere on the DJI support site, you can find either the Assistant app (get the newest one for Mavic TWO devices) and it should contain the necessary drivers. There might be a separate drivers download??

My biggest problem is navigating around the various folders/directories and finding the photos or videos I know are on the device. I go up and down the folder tree till find them.

There was a bug that stamped the wrong date on files. Some had a year of 2013 and others have dates for earlier flights. So, looking for the most recent files did not always find them since their dates were wrong. I don't know if you are suffering the bug but check even among older files.

Also, you can download pictures and videos (they can take a long time to download) from drone to either your device or smart controller. There's the Review/Preview Icon under the camera settings. When reviewing items, there's another small icon which represents DOWNLOAD. It will copy from the drone. It takes battery power and videos can take quite a while but photos are quick.

Let's see if anyone else has ideas.
Thanks for your care! Appreciate it.
I will try the Assistant app, hope it helps.
As for missing files, they are missing for sure, because no matter how hard I tried none of the folders contained them. What a bummer!

Thanks for your care! Appreciate it.
I will try the Assistant app, hope it helps.
As for missing files, they are missing for sure, because no matter how hard I tried none of the folders contained them. What a bummer!
I guess you looked at both sd-card and internal memory? It seems odd that they would just disappear without deleting them.

I would think that he need to go into camera settings and make sure the photos and video are being sent to the sd card. If they are being sent to internal memory they all may not be there when finished shooting because the internal memory is not that large. Plus he could then remove the sd card from the Mavic, put it into the computer and copy the files off of it. If the SD card is not where the photos are being sent to then he may very well be losing pictures if enough memory hasn't been set aside in the cashe.

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett