DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems with white balance mavic 2 Pro

Krvelasco

Reactions
For some reason the white balance seems to be way off when I'm shooting video. I don't have any problems with still photos but as soon as I switch over to the video everything goes wacko. The whites get super bright the sky goes from Blue to White. Everything is set in Auto exactly as it was from the factory. Does anyone have any suggestions. I'm starting to think something's wrong with the camera itself.

Check your colour mode- you might find it is set on D-LOG. It is normal for unprocessed D-LOG footage to look flat and unsaturated.

the ev needs to be adjusted with the thumb wheel ,and you need to check what part of the picture you are focused on in auto the camera tries to find a happy medium but it is not always successful once you have set it use AE lock to keep it the same

Reactions: Cymruflyer
For some reason the white balance seems to be way off when I'm shooting video. I don't have any problems with still photos but as soon as I switch over to the video everything goes wacko. The whites get super bright the sky goes from Blue to White. Everything is set in Auto exactly as it was from the factory. Does anyone have any suggestions. I'm starting to think something's wrong with the camera itself.
If white balance was a problem, you'd complain about everything being too yellow or too blue.
You don't have a white balance issue at all.
You have an overexposure issue.
Post #3 is on the right track.

Reactions: old man mavic
If white balance was a problem, you'd complain about everything being too yellow or too blue.
You don't have a white balance issue at all.
You have an overexposure issue.
Post #3 is on the right track.
Settings are on auto. D-LOG has confused more than one person (appearance of FPV).

If Auto WB is truly a problem, set it to Daylight and leave it alone.
Is your recommendation for GO4?

If your going for set and leave it alone options “daylight” isn’t a candidate.

8EC95BAB-A0A7-4C66-8D9C-790E0F0370EF.jpeg

Auto or custom (@5500-6000K) would probably be good options with cloudy as a close 2nd.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej