DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Process After Receiving Part 107 Temporary Certificate

JLamont

Reactions
I have received my Part 107 temporary certificate. Does anyone know the internal process once temporary certificate has been issued and it shows sent to airmen registry? Are they still doing the background check? Is that why it takes so long after issuing the temporary certificate?

They FAA website ( Part 107 Process ) still indicates doing the TSA screening. I passed my exam on Dec 14, 2018. I returned from a trip this week and my permanent certificate was in the mail. The envelope was not post marked so I am not sure when it was mailed. I am estimating about a month longer time for me to get mine than the two months they say it may take. I imagine the extra time was the month long government shutdown.

Also, welcome to the forum.

Reactions: JLamont
I have received my Part 107 temporary certificate. Does anyone know the internal process once temporary certificate has been issued and it shows sent to airmen registry? Are they still doing the background check? Is that why it takes so long after issuing the temporary certificate?
Your next step if you haven't done it yet would be to fill out the application on the FAA IACRA system. Mine took almost a month to receive but the time may have changed since, that was almost 2.5 years ago for me.

Reactions: JLamont and BigAl07
They FAA website ( Part 107 Process ) still indicates doing the TSA screening. I passed my exam on Dec 14, 2018. I returned from a trip this week and my permanent certificate was in the mail. The envelope was not post marked so I am not sure when it was mailed. I am estimating about a month longer time for me to get mine than the two months they say it may take. I imagine the extra time was the month long government shutdown.

Thank you.

Your next step if you haven't done it yet would be to fill out the application on the FAA IACRA system. Mine took almost a month to receive but the time may have changed since, that was almost 2.5 years ago for me.

I have received my temporary certificate. I was just wondering if the temporary certificate was issued before or after the TSA background check. Thanks

I have received my temporary certificate. I was just wondering if the temporary certificate was issued before or after the TSA background check. Thanks

The temporary is issued after the background check. That's why people with other pilot licenses (part 61) get the temporary certificate immediately since they aren't required to have a new background check.

You are just waiting for the FAA to actually enter your license info into their official airman database and print out the plastic now.

Reactions: tleedom and JLamont
The temporary is issued after the background check. That's why people with other pilot licenses (part 61) get the temporary certificate immediately since they aren't required to have a new background check.

You are just waiting for the FAA to actually enter your license info into their official airman database and print out the plastic now.

Thank you. That’s the answer I was looking for. I’m looking forward to having an actual number. Thanks again!

Thank you. That’s the answer I was looking for. I’m looking forward to having an actual number. Thanks again!

My pleasure. BTW you can check the FAA's site to get an estimate for when you'll receive the permanent certificate. As of today, they claim to be processing certificates for people whose temporary certificates were issued on January 16, 2019.

My pleasure. BTW you can check the FAA's site to get an estimate for when you'll receive the permanent certificate. As of today, they claim to be processing certificates for people whose temporary certificates were issued on January 16, 2019.

Thank you, I saw that. Mine was issued on 1/28 when the day the government reopened. Looks like I’m about 2 weeks out.

Good to hear this. I passed mine on December 18, 2018 and got my temporary on December 20. I have been wondering where it is at. Maybe I will get it by next week.

Reactions: JLamont and GregD

I wondered why my temporary popped up as soon as I submitted my 107 application. Thank you for posting that information.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000