DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Processor chip overheating

Juben

Reactions
I recently bought a Mavic Air, and after a whopping 30 minutes flying time (and that is even stretching it) I get the processor critically overheated. when I am not using the drone, it stays in a cool environment and flew perfectly about 15 minutes before. On the next flight, I get the warning, and could not even start the aircraft. The outside temp was about 28 c (80F). Looking online I see that this is a more common issue than DJI would probably care to admit. I contacted both DJI and the vendor I bought from, but so far no response

Overheating is very often due to that the fan have stopped working ... you should be able to hear it if it's working properly or not.

Reactions: ckoerner
What's the exact message you get? Might be your mobile device's processor overheating, not the drone's one. Common with older/slower ones.

Last edited:
Very likely due to the cooling fan not working. My M2P had the same problem and it came just suddenly. The sound of the fan spinning could not be heard. It was still under warranty so DJI replaced it free.

I own a leaser temp gun, to measure the temp my self, on very cold days and hot days.
The internal cooling fan kicks on when the core board temp gets to be 110 degrees, it should keep the drone cool enough to prevent over heating. If the temp goes above 125 degrees you risk frying your FC ESC board.
If the fan is working, don't know what else to tell you. Try the search function, upper right hand corner,
about what your experiencing. Do a query, using different wording, if first attempt not successful.

I own a leaser temp gun, to measure the temp my self, on very cold days and hot days.
The internal cooling fan kicks on when the core board temp gets to be 110 degrees, it should keep the drone cool enough to prevent over heating. If the temp goes above 125 degrees you risk frying your FC ESC board.
If the fan is working, don't know what else to tell you. Try the search function, upper right hand corner,
about what your experiencing. Do a query, using different wording, if first attempt not successful.
what should i replace the main board or esc board?

I had the same issue of overheating. I got it immediately on buying it second hand. Issue was if I take off within 2-3min the propeller drafts will cool the body. But if I keep on ground I get overheating error. I opened cover of drone And problem solved. But long term I had to repair fan. Fan was not installed properly in last repair maybe.

Try to feel the hot air is coming from rear fins there top cover ends. If less maybe something stuck. My ambient is about 40degrer C

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada