DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Project "Stretched Mavic" Part One

Former Member

Reactions
...being assembled at OSC outta spare body parts of dead DJI's. (Saving Private Ryan)

Havent checked the CG yet, but added weight was marginal, will add weight to ballast and balance if need.

Big question is, will this void my warranty? And will I have to buy Refresh twice?

Before Im done, this baby will have twin gimbals, extended arms swinging M2 props, and independent controls for the drone and camera. 2 people can fly it and operate the gimbal like on an Inspire, except on this one both gimbals will be able to tilt and both will record simultaneously.

For the inspiration of this monster, big thank you to @ottodawg for his post #14 on the following thread.

What is your favorite full scale helicopter?

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpgCH-47_Chinook_helicopter_flyby.jpg

Last edited:
This is my last RC creation 3 years ago. An offroad tow truck that could lift 7 pounds, had outriggers, and a winch. It started out as a Traxxas Summit 4x4 and I stretched it 6" and put a dolly wheel under the boom. It has 2 speed controls and I think 6 or 7 servos, and a rotating beacon. Took 2 people to drive it.

I like stretching things.

1.jpg2 smaller.jpg2.jpg3 smaller.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6 smaller.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Porky
I love it!! You need an app that can switch between the two video feeds because I’d like to look at what’s right below me and then back to the front gimbal. Or use the front gimbal to Use tap fly to fly for me so I can use the other gimbal to focus on filming.

I see you are using my MP2 props on the MP idea though ;);) Mavic 2 props on Mavic Pro, thoughts?

If it makes it big all I ask is for a credit acknowledgment in the fine print of the manual ;) JP

If the weight and balance on this works out, I will be making a custom chassis for the tandem battery set up. If the flight testing goes well I'm gonna see what kind of flight times I get and then possibly make a few extra copies for people of the frame.

Reactions: sea157
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54