DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prop damage

Studioph

Reactions
Hi pilots,

After a flight with my Mavic 2 Zoom today in Korea I did an after flight check and inspecting the props I took them off and suddenly I realized that one of the props had a small damage spot on the inside where the three plastic nabs has to be. A nab was completely gone.

After I purchased the drone in December 2018 I had an encounter with some small yew tree branches when I RTH the drone at the end of the second flight and didn't realize well enough that the drone went up for a few meters before going to the Home point etc.

A small yew tree branch was hit but the drone came finally down.

After inspecting I changed one prop which was damaged the others looked as new.

I didn't took the props off that moment and till today I made some 20 flights to exercise with the drone.

Attached the pic I took today so you see the damage (nab gone).

Lesson learned not only check the props visual, but take them also off and inspect the three nabs

Happy flying,

PH

Attachments

• Props 15 jan 19_resize.jpeg
    Props 15 jan 19_resize.jpeg
    516.9 KB · Views: 61
Urgent! Make sure that missing hub tab didnt fall into your motor! That could result in a catastrophic failure of the motor. Does that motor spin freely?

Reactions: ff22
Urgent! Make sure that missing hub tab didnt fall into your motor! That could result in a catastrophic failure of the motor. Does that motor spin freely?

Hi Thunderdrones,

Thanks for your urgent message I checked the prop motor already when I found the damage this afternoon, but I did it just once more.
The motor is spinning freely and when I shake no material is coming out so I think the plastic nab broke and fall off directly or was probably pushed away by the down blast ??

Regards,
PH

Hi Thunderdrones,

Thanks for your urgent message I checked the prop motor already when I found the damage this afternoon, but I did it just once more.
The motor is spinning freely and when I shake no material is coming out so I think the plastic nab broke and fall off directly or was probably pushed away by the down blast ??

Regards,
PH

Thats a good thing. I hope your next 20 flights go trouble free.

Reactions: AnotherMavicPilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS