DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prop damage

Any prop strike could cause structural damage, which could lead to failure later. As props are relatively cheap it’s better to replace them as a precaution.

Lots of you guys know but for those that don’t when checking them take the end and kinda give it a twist. I have found cracks several
times you could not see.

While it's easy to see damage on the tips of the prop blades, what often goes unnoticed is a crack at the other end, where the blade is pinned to the hub. In line with other suggestions here, if you value your drone, replace the damaged prop's ASAP.

Today after doing a flight and checking the drone before putting her away I noticed that one of the props had a small nick on it. I can replace the prop but would you if you have the same situation? No crack lines or anything else, just this tiny nick. Learning process. :)

Attachments

• Propzout.jpg
    Propzout.jpg
    686.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Propzoom.jpg
    Propzoom.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 26
Glad my wife bought me the FMC kit as it has extra blades. I'm planning to replace them after any significant crash.

Reactions: Jay241
Today after doing a flight and checking the drone before putting her away I noticed that one of the props had a small nick on it. I can replace the prop but would you if you have the same situation? No crack lines or anything else, just this tiny nick. Learning process. :)
Replace. That single prop replacement will ensure top performance and is cheap insurance. Only time I would fly with it, is if I had no replacement (bad planning) and had an immediate flight opportunity where I was willing to risk the drone to obtain the video!

Thank you, will throw away. I saw a set in amazon for $22.00 (2 pairs) and the title says "Mavic Air 2 Low Noise Propellers, Original DJI Propellers" But when you go into the specs the manufacturer is not DJI, and some reviewers says they are OEM, others thinks there is not. Anyone here that have used those propellers? Thanks.

This may be common knowledge or covered elsewhere, but would you replace only the damaged prop, a pair of 2 at a time, or all 4? That may depend on how old the props are, but I was wondering if there is a 'best practice' when coming to replacing 1, 2 or 4 props when one is damaged.

Thanks!
Chris

This may be common knowledge or covered elsewhere, but would you replace only the damaged prop, a pair of 2 at a time, or all 4? That may depend on how old the props are, but I was wondering if there is a 'best practice' when coming to replacing 1, 2 or 4 props when one is damaged.

Thanks!
Chris
Usually just the damaged one, unless you suspect the others may have sustained not yet visible damage in the same incident that caused the first one the get damaged.

Went ahead and ordered from amazon and after receiving them I can confirm they are the OEM Propellers from DJI.

Went ahead and ordered from amazon and after receiving them I can confirm they are the OEM Propellers from DJI.
Given your post before the one quoted...
What convinced you they are DJI?
Can you provide a kinky o the sale?

Given your post before the one quoted...
What convinced you they are DJI?
Can you provide a kinky o the sale?
Hi Thomas, attached are pictures of the box and also comparing the prop next to the one that came with my mavic they are identical.

20201229_075600.jpg20201229_075623.jpg

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada