DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

prop guards questions....

Lapeer20m

Reactions
A realtor contacted me to shoot some real estate videos.

So I just ordered a set of dji prop guards. I cant find much data on how to use them.

I understand you have to select prop guards in djigo4, and that these come with shorter propellers, and that they are intended for tripod mode....as well as flight time cut by about 50%

My question is this....can the mavic be used in p mode or sport mode with the prop guards in place? Is it just that the prop guards won't offer adequate protection at higher speeds? It may be handy to fly towards an object at regular speed then switch to tripod mode when close.

what else do i need to know?

prop guards.jpg

A realtor contacted me to shoot some real estate videos.

So I just ordered a set of dji prop guards. I cant find much data on how to use them.

I understand you have to select prop guards in djigo4, and that these come with shorter propellers, and that they are intended for tripod mode....as well as flight time cut by about 50%

My question is this....can the mavic be used in p mode or sport mode with the prop guards in place? Is it just that the prop guards won't offer adequate protection at higher speeds? It may be handy to fly towards an object at regular speed then switch to tripod mode when close.

what else do i need to know?

View attachment 16080
Those are prop cages by the way. They’re different from prop guards. They require more power to use so you can’t attain maximum speed but I suppose p mode should still work. Not sure if sport mode will offer much. It certainly will give you only 3 minutes of flight time most likely. I personally use the prop guards, which have a smaller weight impact and can be used with normal props. It only reduces your max speed to roughly 57 kph instead of the max 65-70 kph.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada