DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prop issue

Frozen-tires

Reactions
Flew my 2s for the first time the other day (my second drone). Inspected it after it landed.

noticed one of the four props had a issue. At first I thought maybe I touched something when flying but the zigzag line on the prop makes me think differently. Both photos are from same prop. Thoughts?

5039FCF8-7327-4840-BCF4-30458D326458.jpeg86ED2519-8581-48F5-9F4C-B2471D57C1BE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's from the bottom of the drone after a flight when it's hot then folding the legs and props hitting the heat sick ? I don't know that's strange.

Maybe it's from the bottom of the drone after a flight when it's hot then folding the legs and props hitting the heat sick ? I don't know that's strange.
Prop was still on the drone when I inspected it With legs still out right after flight. Temp was about 2 degrees C so not sure cause.

Reactions: Bearsfan77
That is odd.
They look melted.
One on the top, other on the bottom, both off front or rear motors ?
Even the paint area gold tip / colour looks different, could be the light, but looks like they are being held fairly evenly to the camera.

That is odd.
They look melted.
One on the top, other on the bottom, both off front or rear motors ?
Even the paint area gold tip / colour looks different, could be the light, but looks like they are being held fairly evenly to the camera.
Both effected props are off same motor

Reactions: DougMcC
very strange ,the zigzag is so symmetrical its a perfect mark if you know what i mean...just looking at mine now to see if i can work it out but im stumped ...

just a quick question why are you holding up two props one damaged and one not

Reactions: Smooth Rhythm
Based on the Design and how perfectly symmetrical this is , I am wondering if that design was there all along ?
This is the so strange

screenshot_159.png

Updated: I just tried to melt this design into one of my props and no way not even close. Tried with a razor blade and barely scratched the surface. I also checked Crop circle designs and nothing there either , lol

I love a good puzzle but i got nothing but likely all those marks were already there on the Props as even the pressure is the same on all 4 sides of the Gouge.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Last edited:
Reactions: ninja_geezer
Based on the Design and how perfectly symmetrical this is , I am wondering if that design was there all along ?
This is the so strange

Updated: I just tried to melt this design into one of my props and no way not even close. Tried with a razor blade and barely scratched the surface. I also checked Crop circle designs and nothing there either , lol

I love a good puzzle but i got nothing but likely all those marks were already there on the Props as even the pressure is the same on all 4 sides of the Gouge.
Ball lightening....definitely ball lightning... or not :oops: One of the few times I can honestly say I would be stumped. I would be more so if you could say for sure wasn't there before a flight and was there after. It is almost like said that was heated into the prop by something...what that something is I have no clue. :p I can say with utmost confidence you will never be able to duplicate it though :)

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Alien intervention me thinks...... ;)

these surely had to be there upon fitting maybe you was exited and never saw them ?
they look like melted burn marks .

@Frozen-tires i am going to stick my neck out here and say that its my belief that the prop in question made contact with something ,possibly a barbed wire fence and that is what caused the deep scratches in the prop ,but of course thats just my opinion

@Frozen-tires i am going to stick my neck out here and say that its my belief that the prop in question made contact with something ,possibly a barbed wire fence and that is what caused the deep scratches in the prop ,but of course thats just my opinion
i quite like that idea

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots