DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller Colors

FlynRyanD

Reactions
Just realized my Platinum that has the propellers with the silver tips. All the pictures of other Platinums have the gold tipped props. Is there really a big difference in the colors?

Just realized my Platinum that has the propellers with the silver tips. All the pictures of other Platinums have the gold tipped props. Is there really a big difference in the colors?

As big a difference as there can be between silver and gold.

I believe your platinum should have the gold tipped blades as standard from everything I have seen and read as I researched them before I purchased the gold tipped set for my Mavic Pro. There is actually a couple of differences between the blades, the gold tipped blades are a little bit wider and longer (not by much) but they also have a different blade pitch / angle to the silver tipped blades and I may be wrong here but I also think the gold tipped blades are more flexible at the ends (the gold tips). Check out this guy below, Billy Kyle, he had done a very good test on the blades for the Mavic Pro and the Platinum, hope this helps answer your question.

I believe your platinum should have the gold tipped blades as standard from everything I have seen and read as I researched them before I purchased the gold tipped set for my Mavic Pro. There is actually a couple of differences between the blades, the gold tipped blades are a little bit wider and longer (not by much) but they also have a different blade pitch / angle to the silver tipped blades and I may be wrong here but I also think the gold tipped blades are more flexible at the ends (the gold tips). Check out this guy below, Billy Kyle, he had done a very good test on the blades for the Mavic Pro and the Platinum, hope this helps answer your question.

LMAO

You're referring to the standard Mavic Pro props (8330) which have a white stripe at the end.

There are two versions of the low-noise Mavic Pro Platinum props (8331): one has gold tips, one has silver (not white) tips.

And to answer the OP: Gold and Silver are identical as far as performance goes - it's just a different colour.

You're referring to the standard Mavic Pro props (8330) which have a white stripe at the end.

There are two versions of the low-noise Mavic Pro Platinum props (8331): one has gold tips, one has silver (not white) tips.

And to answer the OP: Gold and Silver are identical as far as performance goes - it's just a different colour.

Thanks for clearing that up Flawless, I thought he was talking about his Platinum having the Pro blades on it which I thought was a bit strange as the 'low noise' blades are standard for the Platinum but I did not know that they came in two different colours, I thought it was just gold. The nube learned something new today ;)

Reactions: Callum

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka