DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PROPELLER GUARDS STABILIZATION

obuzz

Reactions
Its neccesary activate PROPELLER GUARDS in the options to fly with the mavic ?
medium_28846797-05bb-496c-9514-0f606cfc543d.jpg

the last week i bought this guards for my mavic but with the wind the stabilization is poor.

Having the option in the Go4 settings for use of propeller guards, I guess it might make a difference.
Not sure what it would do though, the motors etc should just react to usual stable flight.

I have them and used once, may never use them again (little need), and didn't turn the switch on.
It flew fine.
Might fit them sometime and try default or switching that on, see if it flies any differently.

Reactions: obuzz
Normally only with the propeller cage (heavier). AFAIK, propeller guards don't need any setting the App.
I use those rarely without problem in normal conditions. Use them only if you plan to fly in-door, near trees, walls, and at low altitude where you might hit some obstacles.
Otherwise fly high without them.

Its neccesary activate PROPELLER GUARDS in the options to fly with the mavic ?
medium_28846797-05bb-496c-9514-0f606cfc543d.jpg

the last week i bought this guards for my mavic but with the wind the stabilization is poor.
To my knowledge, the prop guard option within the app is only to be used when flying DJI’s OEM propeller cages and the specified props for those cages.
Other prop guards with stock props on the Mavic will add additional surface area to the aircraft which in turn will cause more stability issues when flying in wind.
I personally have never needed prop guards for my flights due to my skill level.
However, if your new to flying and feel that they give you more confidence, then work on flying with them in less windy conditions.
Good Luck:cool:

When you go to "Main Controller Settings", "Advanced Settings" then "other" you'll see "Propeller Cage On/Off", not "Propeller Guard On/Off".

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
likewise, if activated, would it reduce the battery's duration time?
Having the option in the Go4 settings for use of propeller guards, I guess it might make a difference.
Not sure what it would do though, the motors etc should just react to usual stable flight.

I have them and used once, may never use them again (little need), and didn't turn the switch on.
It flew fine.
Might fit them sometime and try default or switching that on, see if it flies any differently.

Normally only with the propeller cage (heavier). AFAIK, propeller guards don't need any setting the App.
I use those rarely without problem in normal conditions. Use them only if you plan to fly in-door, near trees, walls, and at low altitude where you might hit some obstacles.
Otherwise fly high without them.
THANKS A LOT !

When you go to "Main Controller Settings", "Advanced Settings" then "other" you'll see "Propeller Cage On/Off", not "Propeller Guard On/Off".

That's probably why I didn't activate it :)
Cages makes sense because it might cause more instability in their design, I know the one time with guards it seemed normal.

obuzz, battery life with guards might be a small fraction shorter, maybe a few minutes at most.
Yes only good for walls, tree trunks, posts etc, no use in tree canopy / bushes, where the cages do offer some protection (youtube vids show many demos of both guards and cages).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout