DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller Holder Fixed Stabilizers

laurent45

Reactions
Hello
I had bought initially (before mini2 came out) silicone propeller holders for the Mini.
Is the mini 2 size different, so those propellers holders won't fit ?
Also as I will buy the mini 2 with no combo.
I hesitate to buy this propeller holder :
Or the one larger (looking like the combo one)
Propeller Stabilizer Holder Fix Strap for DJI Mavic Mini/Mini 2 (Dark Grey) #Cu4 | eBay
But this last model seems not to protect well the propeller above.
Your feedback are more than welcome
Thanks

@Zbip57 : Thanks for the link to this thread, but it left completely confused on finally which holder to buy.
It sounds like the holder looking like the one in the Combo is better, but we must not fold the propeller on the top of the body.
Silicone sounds like no good because by default all propellers are folded one over the other.
But as said.. I am bit lost ... do not know what to buy to do well

I don't have a Mini 2. Mine is the original Mavic Mini 1. So I don't know if yours is different.

Are your rear motors canted outwards like mine on my Mini-1? With the legs folded, can the prop blades on your rear motors be meshed folded together laterally across the Mini's body without bending them?

If the blades are being forced to bend in order to fit underneath each other, then ANY prop holder that restrains them in this position is no good.

MotorAngles.jpg

The rear props would be the ones underneath the body of the Mini when the legs are folded. Obviously you don't want the weight of the Mini resting on the tips of the prop blades. But merely the fact of folding the blades together already causes the blades to bend.

Here, with arms folded and the Mini flipped on its back, you can see the angle of the rear motors. With fresh new unbent prop blades, the tips of the blades stand quite high from the body of the Mini.
Rear-left.jpg

Rear-right.jpg

The blade tips from one side will NOT fit under the blades of the opposite side, unless the blade is forced to fit underneath.
Rears.jpg

When the tip of blade#2 is forced down to nest under the opposite side's blades, note how the trailing edge near the root of the blade contacts the body of the Mini.
RearsBentDown.jpg

Pressing down on the tip of the blade, while pushing up on the trailing edge of the blade, causes the blade to twist. The thicker root of the blade is quite strong and retains its shape, still producing lift. But the tip of the blade is very soft and will deflect down and flatten in pitch. If the deflection is bad enough and becomes permanent, the outer portion of the blade (which travels fastest through the air) may eventually be producing negative lift.
Twist.jpg

Of course you never want the weight of the Mini resting onto the blade tips folded underneath it. Prop protectors are good for preventing that.

However, take a close look at your own props. Are the blades already being bent just by folding them together? In that case, it's certainly not a good idea to have your prop protectors forcing the blades into that position for long periods of time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54