DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller holders for storage

Miss Chrisy Co

Reactions
Hello everyone

I just released our propeller holders last night, currently I have a Mavic Gray and Red option, let me know what other colors you guys might want to see.

We took our time making these and testing them so they do not put any kind of pressure on the propellers while in storage. One of the problems coming out of the Mavic Mini is that props are getting deformed when improperly stored so we painstakingly tested and remodeled over and over to make sure our propeller holders are captive only and do not put any strain on the motors or props.

Ultimately the best way to store the Air 2 is with the propellers off but this allows you to keep them on and throw it in your Fly More Combo case or any other case for transportation.

Thanks to everyone who has supported my small business, my husband and I design and make all of the accessories right in our own home here in Texas. We had to shutdown last week for 2 days because the fumes from the process needed to be properly ventilated and we had to acquire some PPE in order to protect ourselves from those harmful fumes. All is well now, we are back at full production with 7 3D printers running almost 24/7 but we are running a little behind due to the shutdown, so it'll take about 2-4 days for orders to ship once placed.

P1174859.jpgP1174864.jpgP1174865.jpgP1174873.jpgP1174874.jpgP1174880.jpgP1174885.jpgP1174891.jpg

Last edited:
Ultimately the best way to store the Air 2 is with the propellers off but this allows you to keep them on and throw it in your Fly More Combo case or any other case for
Your prop holders have kept my Mini flying without deforming my props. Your little storage boxes have kept my Mini Fly More case well-organized. So I’m definitely ordering your prop holders for my MA2.

It‘s great to see you and your husband’s small business find your niche in our hobby. I can only imagine how several 3D printers look as they’re cranking away 24/7.

Your prop holders have kept my Mini flying without deforming my props. Your little storage boxes have kept my Mini Fly More case well-organized. So I’m definitely ordering your prop holders for my MA2.

It‘s great to see you and your husband’s small business find your niche in our hobby. I can only imagine how several 3D printers look as they’re cranking away 24/7.

We are thinking about doing some videos on our process, if you check out my facebook page I posted a video of our new setup, we ended up putting 5 of our printers in a closet and building shelves for them as well as ventilating into our attic with a charcoal activated filter. It's nice because all 7 were in our office before and it was pretty loud in here all the time.

I just ordered some, even with the fact that the shipping cost to the UK was crazy high!

My lanyard holder is on it's way and I just ordered these prop holders...thx for keeping the price on these reasonable :)

Reactions: Miss Chrisy Co
I was storing my MM blades in an "X" pattern similar to yours using a rubber band to hold them in place. I got three "motor speed" errors on my first outing which I think was caused by the pressure of the rubber bands holding the blades in place thus deforming them. Aretainer that holds the blades without deforming them is very important! Why did you choose this pattern instead of the "I" position recommended by DJI on the Fly More case label?

Thanks

I was storing my MM blades in an "X" pattern similar to yours using a rubber band to hold them in place. I got three "motor speed" errors on my first outing which I think was caused by the pressure of the rubber bands holding the blades in place thus deforming them. Aretainer that holds the blades without deforming them is very important! Why did you choose this pattern instead of the "I" position recommended by DJI on the Fly More case label?

Thanks

Someone else came up with the idea for the MM blades, I just modified them to make sure the blades moved freely but are retained and no pressure is exerted on them. At the time I had no idea there would be problems, I just try to anticipate and adjust the designs as needed. I had a tighter design but ended up forgoing it for the more loose design. The Mavic Mini's legs have negative play when folded so it's really hard to strike the balance.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I just ordered some, even with the fact that the shipping cost to the UK was crazy high!

Sorry about that, I only put in the information and the costs are calculated automatically, I do add insurance to every shipment overseas though, especially during the COVID-19 situation.

My lanyard holder is on it's way and I just ordered these prop holders...thx for keeping the price on these reasonable :)

Thank you! My prices are dictated by how much the source material costs, how long they take to print and how difficult they are to print. The materials used in the Lanyard and iPad mounts is incredibly difficult to work with and a little more expensive than what the prop holders are made of. About 1 in 3 of our iPad mounts will fail to the point that I won't sell them. If that changes in the future I hope to bring the price down more, it would be way less frustrating if we didn't have to toss out so many prints.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Sorry about that, I only put in the information and the costs are calculated automatically, I do add insurance to every shipment overseas though, especially during the COVID-19 situation.
It’s ok, I wasn’t having a go at you!

• Love
Hello,
I’m looking for a thin box that can handle all my Mavic Air 2 spare props. I can design the thing, extract the STL files and we can deal for the price of 3D printing it. I’m a 30 + years experienced CAD designer and I use Solidworks for 20 years now. Should you need any Fast 3D modeling, I’m your man. Oh, and I said designer so I can solve any design problems. Please contact me should you be interrested.

• Wow
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929