Schotzie

Reactions
New to Forum
LOVE LOVE My Mavic Pro
Propeller ?
How long til you replace?
Thanks
Happy New Year!

Welcome to MavicPilots! I have had my same set of propellers on since I got mine at launch, I just recently replaced them for the low-noise version. No need to replace them if they aren't damaged.

Reactions: Kilrah
I plan to replace mine once a year whether they appear damaged or not. Basically at the beginning of each flying season where I live.

They're cheap enough, so I view it as a little preventative maintenance.

I replace them every time I clip tree branches with them when launching on Halloween to fly all over the neighborhood. :)

Reactions: Drakenn
Welcome to MavicPilots! I have had my same set of propellers on since I got mine at launch, I just recently replaced them for the low-noise version. No need to replace them if they aren't damaged.
much appreciated - thanks for the quick reply

I plan to replace mine once a year whether they appear damaged or not. Basically at the beginning of each flying season where I live.

They're cheap enough, so I view it as a little preventative maintenance.
Agree and many Thanks!

I replace them every time I clip tree branches with them when launching on Halloween to fly all over the neighborhood. :)
Nice........any good tips to stay away from the tree branches??

Nice........any good tips to stay away from the tree branches??
I misjudged the tree branches that were sticking out in the dark. The big ones I saw , but the small ones I did not see till I flew through them. Always be aware of anything above when taking off.

Reactions: Howcroft22
I have been using my current props since I got my Mavic 12 months ago however if I had crashed or clipped anything with them I would replace them before my next flight.

Reactions: fiftiesnut
Mine have been on since day 1 (October 2016), but DJI now recommends changing them after 200 sorties, though I don't know what defines a sortie

They should be fine as long as they aren't dinged. I'd replace one if it was worn and the pins seem loose and the blade wobbles. Better safe than sorry...

Mentioned in multiple threads by DJI Admins over on DJI Support Forums
Ah, the old mentioned by DJI admin so it must be true... ;)

Unfortunately, there's no magic number when it comes to replacing props. They always need to be replaced when noticing any sign of damage.

Ah, the old mentioned by DJI admin so it must be true... ;)

Unfortunately, there's no magic number when it comes to replacing props. They always need to be replaced when noticing any sign of damage.
LOL...actually surprised that they (DJI) don't have an official number of day/flights/hours listed in the owners manual for prop replacement.

Reactions: Youser
Wow. Last time I stacked two propellers ends broke off. The other 2 were fine. After reading this thread I'm having second thoughts. Maybe I should change the scratched ones too?!?!

What's up man, just wondering what you think of the low noise props. I've been thinking about purchasing them.
Also same set since Nov 2016 here and just changed for the new low noise ones.
How do you like the low noise props? If you had to buy another set of props would you go with the low noise or just stick with the stock ones?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest