DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller Scratch - Okay To Fly?

D

Deleted member 49217

Is it okay to fly Mavic Air with a few scratches on one of the propellers?

122315sz8tgn21y3117wow.jpg
122315sz8tgn21y3117wow.jpg
122401xx5zq4hdddxzltxn.jpg
122410g1abpatwbbdzzvk2.jpg

I imagine it's okay, assuming no cracks, but you might want to check the balance if you can.

It's fine. Deep cracks are what you need to worry about. Or if one blade has a big chip that throws it out of balance.

I'm not getting into the details here....

...but these props are delicate. I'm on my last set now. I need more for backups.

How did you chew the ends up like that Op? Little crash LOL?

I have a set that are way more scratched, the white is almost gone been flying that way for a month it's all good. Just make sure they arnt cracked

I'm not getting into the details here....

...but these props are delicate. I'm on my last set now. I need more for backups.

Go fly a blade 180x collective pitch helicopter with a head speed over 4k, you will find out what delicate truly is. As long as the props aren't cracked, or causing a moderate vibration they are fine. The mechanics of these drones are very very basic.

Go fly a blade 180x collective pitch helicopter with a head speed over 4k, you will find out what delicate truly is. As long as the props aren't cracked, or causing a moderate vibration they are fine. The mechanics of these drones are very very basic.
Haha right....just had my oxy 3+out on 6s and doing 4700rpm. Dude Hit something with that hs ....done...rebuild
I wouldnt call those props scratched ....they are knicked up;) like u said as long as there is no vibes he should be ok

Haha right....just had my oxy 3+out on 6s and doing 4700rpm. Dude Hit something with that hs ....done...rebuild
I wouldnt call those props scratched ....they are knicked up;) like u said as lomg as there is no vibes he should be ok
Lol, I used to scratch worse than that while inverted. More fun than a lawn mower haha.

Lol, I used to scratch worse than that while inverted. More fun than a lawn mower haha.
Right just cutting grass inverted sometimes will do more damage sometimes u get good knicks most of the time just green blades.....my zeal blades were red and white now they are green and white:):)

Right just cutting grass inverted sometimes will do more damage sometimes u get good knicks most of the time just green blades.....my zeal blades were red and white now they are green and white:):)
I always took pride in grass stains on my blades lol.

While the electronics in these drones are incredible, the flight mechanics are quite basic.

I always took pride in grass stains on my blades lol.

While the electronics in these drones are incredible, the flight mechanics are quite basic.
I agree....quite relaxing to fly too :)

How did you chew the ends up like that Op? Little crash LOL?

I think that this may have been caused by one of the propeller guards being not fully locked and loose and one of the propellers hitting the prop guard.

I think that this may have been caused by one of the propeller guards being not fully locked and loose and one of the propellers hitting the prop guard.
Be careful i seen one user had his back two props rubbing top of the vent area...i think it was on this or dji forum i saw it

I crashed my drone between two steel cables that supported a power line pole once; flew just too close while trying to guide the drone between them from a distance. Two of the blades on either side of the Mavic Pro were damaged; one was badly chipped the other literally cut in half.

The drone dropped down into the long grass and then rose up again and hovered. I then flew it around a bit and eventually back to me. It still flew ok, still took pictures ok. I only realised the drone was compromised when I had it landed.

So a few scratches? Nothing I would worry about, personally.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas