DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller Shadow appears in the video and pics

AEY

Reactions
Hi,

Is anyone facing an issue with the propeller shadow or reflection appearing in the Pics or Videos?

There is like an Arc appearing in all the pics and vids.

I have put a black circle around it. In the Vids it looks even worse.

This is the video... look at the left side of the screen.

Thanks.

Attachments

• DJI_0006.JPG
    DJI_0006.JPG
    431.6 KB · Views: 64
  • DJI_0007.JPG
    DJI_0007.JPG
    388.4 KB · Views: 60
Did you remember to remove the gimbal cover?

Reactions: getoutandplay
I've gotten this too with the gimbal cover removed. I order a set of Polar Pro filters with the hopes that will solve the issue.

You were also shooting into the sun which will magnify it. Definitely remove the gimbal cover.

Thread a bit old, but I have the same issue here. See photo. Maiden flight today. Gimbal cover was on.

Attachments

• DJI_0012.JPG
    DJI_0012.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 37
You should always remove the cover if you want anything decent, video will of course be crap with it on.

At this time of year (winter) with the sun low you are going to get prop shadow when flying towards it, unless you have a sunshade on the camera, such as the F/Stop one. Same with sun flair on the lens. A filter will mitigate some of it but not all. I flew with the F/Stop sun shade yesterday and had almost no sun flair and no prop shadow.

Thanks Kilrah and F6Rider. First flight and everything I thought it better to be a little cautious letting the cover stay on. Will definitely take cover off going forward.

One thing I find odd, though, is that the problem is always in the "lower left" side of the footage like on the photos from the original post. The MP is symmetric down the spine, so if it's only caused by reflection, it should happen on the right side as well, depending on where the light comes from. hmm... puzzled...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929