DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Proper care and feeding of M2 batteries?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I've got me a brand new M2P with 3 batteries and like everyone else I've heard horror stories of swollen batteries. I'm not sure how memory plays into these batteries, but I would appreciate it if someone could advise me in terms of how far I should discharge the batteries, at least from time to time to preserve the longest battery life and perhaps get some more flight time per battery. The M2 is really a fine drone and it appears that the battery might be the weak link in the system. Again, any advice would be appreciated

The M2 is really a fine drone and it appears that the battery might be the weak link in the system
The battery is certainly one of the most damaged components of any DJI aircraft since they require routine care in order to prevent damage. Check out my guide here:

HOW TO: Maintain and store your DJI Mavic batteries

I would appreciate it if someone could advise me in terms of how far I should discharge the batteries, at least from time to time to preserve the longest battery life and perhaps get some more flight time per battery
It would be easier to not charge the batteries unless you're going to use them (or if the charge level becomes too low). But, if you need to discharge them for some reason, here are a few accessories that can discharge batteries down to 60% or 0%:

Read the manual, it's all there. In case you are really too busy to do so, the key points are :

- discharge to < 30%
- charge to 50% before storage
- charge fully every 3 months
- avoid high-temperature.

Read the manual, it's all there. In case you are really too busy to do so, the key points are :

- discharge to < 30%
- charge to 50% before storage
- charge fully every 3 months
- avoid high-temperature.

Thanks for the tips on battery care.

"Read the manual"... I know I'm not a good reader as I have some visual anomalies that make it easy for me to miss things. But I thought I had read the manual M2 Manual pages 34-36 and over 3 pages it really doesn't provide the same succinct actions that you've just provided in 4 bullet points. I don't know if you have this adage in HK, but "sometimes it is difficult to see the forest because of all the trees" comes to mind.

As far as reading manuals... In the last 6 weeks I have been trying to... Learn to record and edit audio recordings in Reaper, learn to fly a Mavic Mini, learn to edit in DaVinci Resolve, learn to fly a M2P along with learning Litchi... oh... and studying for the FAA Part 107 test. I can't possibly see how I missed anything in the DJI manual ? o_O ??.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada