DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Props: are we sure it’s just how we put it away?

AndreaBB

Reactions
So...
- I’ve not been using the FMC since the 28th of April.
- I have replaced all the props on the 16th of May (yes, I did crash into a bush while I was orbiting) with original parts.
- It flew about 4 hours since then.
- The MM has been left ”resting” every night into a shaped foam where the belly doesn’t even touch the bottom of the case.

Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 20.35.18.png

- I’ve paid extra attention.

Today I checked the dat file, and the right rear motor (yellow) is always spinning a lot faster than the left rear one (blue). I recall this wasn’t the case just 2 weeks ago.
I think there’s something more with this props.

Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 20.33.01.png

I had the motor errors come up after I'd not paid full attention when packing away and the prop guard was a bit tight.

Left it unfolded next to a window for a couple of days and flown my furthest and highest flight since over 4 batteries (after testing) with no errors. I believe the flexible props might distort when forced or tight, but will return to shape if left open.

Reactions: ff22
If your attention is heads up on aircraft, the "on screen warning pops ups" are short enough it's possible to miss a warning. Removing the blades and closely examining them by comparison to each other is the only way to know if you've got a warped blade. In a previous post by premium pilot sar104 an excellent method for inspection.
https://mavicpilots.com/attachments/fullsizeoutput_cd8-jpeg.100293/

Last edited:
If your attention is heads up on aircraft, the "on screen warning pops ups" are short enough it's possible to miss a warning. Removing the blades and closely examining them by comparison to each other is the only way to know if you've got a warped blade. In a previous post by premium pilot sar104 an excellent method for inspection.
https://mavicpilots.com/attachments/fullsizeoutput_cd8-jpeg.100293/

I can’t see any alert even on airdata where everything is clearly notified.
Can I use the same screws again after the visual inspection?

It would be interesting to know the point between when you get a warning, and when you get an un-commanded decent ?
Maybe we need quick removable blades ? But that would probably put us over 249 grams.
I re-use the same screws several times. If I don't feel friction on the threads while turning them, I add some locktite.

Last edited:
Just asking but aint it a bit risky to put locktite on those small screws? I know locktite from the automotive world and in some cases you cant get a bolt lose without heat and a few meters of extension now what if that little starhead bolt strips?

Just asking but aint it a bit risky to put locktite on those small screws? I know locktite from the automotive world and in some cases you cant get a bolt lose without heat and a few meters of extension now what if that little starhead bolt strips?

I believe it's blue locktite on these, less heavy than the red

Have you ever wondered which marketing genius came up with the clever idea of selling Blue loctite in a red tube, and Red loctite in a blue tube? Like that would never present an opportunity for confusion. Brilliant, eh?

View attachment 103001

I can't quite read the instructions, does it say "squeeze into eyes to cure coronavirus"?

It would be interesting to know the point between when you get a warning, and when you get an un-commanded decent ?
Maybe we need quick removable blades ? But that would probably put us over 249 grams.
I re-use the same screws several times. If I don't feel friction on the threads while turning them, I add some locktite.

Early morning flight today, I've done some hovering test a couple of meters high from the ground. As you can see no input to the sticks, look at the rear right speed. Got back home and change these props, I will test again later today.
Honestly I don't want to wait for an error or an un-commanded descend to lose my MM on top of a tree or somewhere I cannot recover it.

Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 08.01.07.png

For the logs, the old original props do look like new and were only 15 days old.

Where do i get access to that data? I only have the free oktofly acc where I upload the txt file how do i get the info like this

Where do i get access to that data?

Follow up: I've changed the rear right props and everything got fixed.
So... It's not just how we put it away but "some" of the props lose effectiveness over time.

Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 20.25.25.png

Last edited:
Reactions: kamidoko1974
One propeller had flattened on the left side, I replaced it with a new one,no warnings. Flying well.
I stored legs open.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb