DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Props on or off?

zakeblack

Reactions
Hi all,

Is ok to leave props on when bagging up and moving on...? I have been removing for now and although its only a small thing I already want to speed my setup and pack up time.

Thanks

Andrew

Lots of people store their Mavics with the props on.

I like to remove them to ensure there is no unwanted pressure on them while my Mavic is in storage. Also, since I always inspect my props prior to flying, there is no advantage to keeping them attached.

I mean... fold up the props/arms and use your best judgement.
If you have a small bag and the drone is pretty secure in there, you'll be fine.
If you're throwing it inside a backpack with your laptop, spare battery and gym clothes then you're going to break something.

I always attach the gimbal cover (removed the clamp) no matter how I'm transporting.

I can understand wanting a quick setup time. If is definitely a personal preference thing. Lots of people transport with props attached. Often with guards or retainers. Personally I remove the props and attach protective motors covers. Prefer to arrive with everything intact and avoid surprises once on site.

I'm in a proper bag and its snug in its own section so will go for props on unless I'm long distance (I do use the gimble cover though all the time i can see this is an absolute must! scares the hell out of me just fitting the dam thing) :)

Thanks all

I always attach the gimbal cover (removed the clamp)

Kaz: I'mma thinking that you absolutely, positively should be using the gimbal lock. You may have seen the thread from yesterday or today where the poster forgot to put it on before transporting and wound up with a broken gimbal.

Zake: Being terribly obsessive about such things, I hemmed and hawed over this subject and in the end, with a LowePro BP 250 bag, I opted to keep the props on. I figure I'll be changing them anyway for nicks, etc., (and I carefully inspect them prior to every takeoff,) before I might cause any damage to the hubs by storing the drone with them on. Hopefully, that holds true but only time will tell.

I'm in a proper bag and its snug in its own section so will go for props on unless I'm long distance (I do use the gimble cover though all the time i can see this is an absolute must! scares the **** out of me just fitting the dam thing) :)

Thanks all
I bought this one.I find it much easier to put on/take off.A few times the OEM cover was very difficult to take off.

Attachments

• az.jpeg
    az.jpeg
    423.2 KB · Views: 51
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato