DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Props question

flyinblackpro

Reactions
I crashed my drone and dinged 2 props. I have since purchased 4 new low noise props. If I should ever have other issues, is it okay for me to fly 2 or 3 noise reducing props and one of the original props I still have or do you think all 4 props should be the same? I guess I’m inquiring because I’m wondering if I should keep the 2 OEM props I have as backups or should I just throw them away? I am flying a Mavic Pro if that matters.

is it okay for me to fly 2 or 3 noise reducing props and one of the original props
While it might technically work, it's not a great idea. Always use the same model of prop on each motor.

I suppose I should buy another set of OEMs so I will have the 4 + 2 as a backup. I knew they all flew at varying RPMs and thought that would be the deal breaker

Reactions: Thomas B
I suppose I should buy another set of OEMs so I will have the 4 + 2 as a backup. I knew they all flew at varying RPMs and thought that would be the deal breaker

Just hold off buying props. You might decide you like the low-noise ones better. I think in a pinch you could use one of the original type as a replacement until you bought a new set, if that became necessary.

I’m thinking the only way I could ever use the other 2 props is to simply buy 4 more OEMs...and should I ever damage 1, I’ll have a spare. Otherwise, I can simply throw away the 2 I have from the originals...I just don’t like being wasteful...perhaps it would help if I could buy 2 white circles or 2 blacks as opposed to always buying 4 props at a time, but in reality, the cost to buy 2 wouldn’t justify, but again, I hate being wasteful

Reactions: JS1600
I crashed my drone and dinged 2 props. I have since purchased 4 new low noise props. If I should ever have other issues, is it okay for me to fly 2 or 3 noise reducing props and one of the original props I still have or do you think all 4 props should be the same? I guess I’m inquiring because I’m wondering if I should keep the 2 OEM props I have as backups or should I just throw them away? I am flying a Mavic Pro if that matters.
DJI Sells their original props in pairs, so buy another pair and have a set in reserve.

I wouldn't mix and match prop sets. My MAS v2s weigh less than the OEMs.

Reactions: JS1600
Toss them and use new ones. Wait 200 flights repeat.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22