DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Props - To Remove or Not To Remove

Do you remove props before storing drone in case/bag?

• Total voters

StubbornSwiss

FAA Registered
Premium Pilot
Reactions
The Mavic Air 2 will be my first drone with the quick release props.

So what do most people do? Do you remove the props after flying before storing in the bag/case, or do you leave them on? Does it actually matter?

Cheers!

EDIT: Just added a poll to this. Should make it interesting. Please indicate your preference. Thx.

Last edited:
i like to remove mine during travel and storage as it gives me a chance to inspect them and the motors during airframe inspection ,it really a personal thing one way or the other,i also use the soft silicone covers that slip over the motors to protect them in the case

I was very surprised about the questionable condition of my MA2 props.

Every prop had rough edges near the center hub.

In my eyes, this is indicative of poor quality control in manufacturing.

I can only answer for M2 but I believe it's related. I take mine off as its tight in the flymore bag. After prop warp being suspect for issues with the Mini, I'm glad I do remove the M2 props.

I was very surprised about the questionable condition of my MA2 props.

Every prop had rough edges near the center hub.

In my eyes, this is indicative of poor quality control in manufacturing.

If you look close, they put that "roughness" there on purpose. It's the manufacture and what looks like a part number stamped in the leading edge.

--pat

If you look close, they put that "roughness" there on purpose. It's the manufacture and what looks like a part number stamped in the leading edge.

--pat

Pat, you are correct.

I just took my MA2 into the bright sunlight and with aid to my old, tired eyes I was able to discern that it is a raised DJI part number.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11