DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pros and cons of protective motor covers - Advice appreciated

mraroid

Reactions
Hello...

After watching some videos on You Tube, I have seen different points of view about adding protective covers to the top of
each prop motor on the Mavic Mini. In one You Tube video, a person ran his mini stock, then using a gun to measure heat
(the gun shot a light at each mother) he measured the temperature of each motor. He did this indoors, after the mini had
been hovering for 20 minutes.

After this benchmark, he installed some metal prop motor covers and then hovered the mini indoors for another 20 minutes.
He found no change in the motor temperature.

I do want to keep my mini clean and thought about adding them (see enclosed photo).

Do many folks believer it will cause harm in the long run to the prop motors? I am trying to make up my mind and am open to
points of view pro and against.

Thanks so much,

mraroid

Attachments

• pcover.jpg
    pcover.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 21
Hello...

After watching some videos on You Tube, I have seen different points of view about adding protective covers to the top of
each prop motor on the Mavic Mini. In one You Tube video, a person ran his mini stock, then using a gun to measure heat
(the gun shot a light at each mother) he measured the temperature of each motor. He did this indoors, after the mini had
been hovering for 20 minutes.

After this benchmark, he installed some metal prop motor covers and then hovered the mini indoors for another 20 minutes.
He found no change in the motor temperature.

I do want to keep my mini clean and thought about adding them (see enclosed photo).

Do many folks believer it will cause harm in the long run to the prop motors? I am trying to make up my mind and am open to
points of view pro and against.

Thanks so much,

mraroid

Reactions: old man mavic
to me they are a cosmetic add on and at the end of the day it is a personal choice if you use them or not, they could in the long term cause issues with the motors,in very hot climates who knows, its a choice you have to make for yourself

I would advise against using them. Just my personal opinion.

I agree. Is more the chance to have an unbalance motor cover creating vibrations than the benefit you can have by using it. Without mention the extra load for the motor.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair