DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Protect propellers

Just as a guide line ... putting pressure on the props making them either bend or flatten isn't good at all, especially when it comes to storage.

Breaking in the props to a slightly different shape than original can cause undesired flight behaviors such as uncommanded descents and/or heading speeds lower than spec due to props not achieving enough thrust to pitch the AC to the correct angles.

I use a Velcro strip to keep the props in alignment for storage.

No additional pressure on the props / arms like a rubber band type restraint may provide.

IMG_20210605_110625078_HDR.jpg

Just as a guide line ... putting pressure on the props making them either bend or flatten isn't good at all, especially when it comes to storage.

Breaking in the props to a slightly different shape than original can cause undesired flight behaviors such as uncommanded descents and/or heading speeds lower than spec due to props not achieving enough thrust to pitch the AC to the correct angles.
Just to be clear, I put the rubber band on the end of the propeller as when they are folded inward toward the middle they are already touching the drone. The rubber band is not bending the propeller, just holding them in place.

Reactions: MA2 317
I just keep my drone with props installed in the flymore bag. I did buy prop guards but after using them a couple of times I became uncomfortable using them. I'd rather let them flop to where they need to go than hold them rigid in place.
I've seen to many other things take a set.

Because I made my own leg extensions and can't take them off, I had to find a bag that could carry it. It's a soft box bag. I put the batteries in first, then put the drone on top, legs toward the batteries and leave the props un secured, but folded. I usually put the gimbal guard on as well. There is a pouch on top, that I put the phone and controller in. And some other pouches I can put accessories in. This is for daily use. If I were to take it on a long trip I would secure it more. Maybe even wrap it in packaging material.

Have always left mine on the M1P, same sort of bayonet prop fitting.

I use a larger fairly loose post office size rubber band around the body on my prop tips too, never an issue (4 years).
It depends a bit on your storage type, mine goes into a partition in a LowePro backpack, so snug but not tight, and a little flexible in the padded walls.

Been testing various props on mine, so removing and refitting quite a lot, I guess once you are used to removing after flight and storing separately, it's not that much of a hassle or too much time each flight.

this is an Original O.E.M. prop. it exploded on minor impact at idle start up with shoe . it split in half at the hub. it can happen to anyone

Attachments

• 20210713_151918.jpg
    20210713_151918.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 8
I took it to mean he armed the motors while standing a bit too close, likely a rear prop.

Lol possible, not sure how that would happen, most would stand a little back when starting up (not just arming).
I'd fully expect a shattered prop like that in either case of it was either a shoe where the bayonets fit (prop not engaged properly) or hitting an actual shoe on ones foot :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98