DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Protective sticker on the gimbal dome?

dex_

Reactions
After owning the Mavic for 2 weeks and flying it dozens of times, I finally noticed what looks like a scratch protection sticker on the top of the gimbal/camera assembly.

Silly question... should I remove it? The yellow tab suggests it should be removed, but it doesn't seem to inhibit the gimbal function at all. It's also in kind of an awkward place: why would the top of the assembly need scratch protection? And to remove it, it seems like you'd need to turn the drone on and tilt the gimbal down.

IMG_0116.JPG

</silly question>

Reactions: Lopez0015
Remove it or eventually it'll start to peel off on its own.

It's easy enough to do. They put a tab on it for just that purpose. Hold the gimbal steady with two fingers and lift up the tab with the other hand.

Oh No I took mine off when I got it in December ..
cry baby 2.gif
Have seen many that leave it and many that have taken it off. If you do take it off just be sure to hold the camera good as it is on there pretty good .

Reactions: Angasan1
Oh No I took mine off when I got it in December ..
View attachment 15718
Have seen many that leave it and many that have taken it off. If you do take it off just be sure to hold the camera good as it is on there pretty good .
My friend took his off and the only thing happened was it had scratches where the sticker was. Not sure why it rubs and causes scratches.

I hadn't really looked at mine, might have em too .

My friend took his off and the only thing happened was it had scratches where the sticker was. Not sure why it rubs and causes scratches.
C what ya made me just do.
IMG_9376.JPG Look at it. Lol

girl crying 1.jpg

Reactions: Five-O
Bit like a pimple on someone's face. Once you notice it you just have to squeeze it.
Now I had them pop up on the top front of mine as several others
but they went away .
Course that was after a minor mishap and Thunder put me on a new shell .:)

I always peel off the protective plastic. Life is meant to be LIVED!

I always peel off the protective plastic. Life is meant to be LIVED!

I'll bet you remove the "DO NOT REMOVE" tag from your mattress don't you!

The FBI has been alerted and they are scanning the skies for you.

o_O

Actually I started noticing some strange guimball behaviour when accelerating forward (or braking quickly)

I noticed that the little yellow "Pull me! Pull me!" tab was fouling against the frame. I removed it, re-positioned it and -bingo - guimball back to normal.

The yellow tab was sticking up on mine and catching on the top when the gimble moved making a clicking sound so I removed it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore