DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PSA... Reminder props can be installed incorrectly!

rtr32

Reactions
Happy Holidays everyone!

Hand launching yesterday my a2s spun up full speed and tilted to the right. I luckily was able to hold on, drop the controller in grass and pull the battery without getting sliced by the blades. I had the right 2 props switched front/back.

if you come from a Mavic pro and maybe Mavic 2 pro those drones did not allow you to install props incorrectly. The air2s does so if you don't change them often re-check twice they are on the correct motors!

I sometimes switch between MAS props and stock.

I hope everyone enjoys the Holidays with family!

Bob

Reactions: mavictk
Yeah I was QUITE surprised to realise that it is possible to put the props on the run motors of the FPV, fortunately I realised before I have all the props on, a moment's inattention could have been a dangerous thing.
Did you try the tilt the drone to 90deg thing? That sometimes works as an emergency stop.

Last edited:
Good point, I did not try that. It all happened so fast my instinct was to cut power asap.

Yes, it is possible to put the props on wrong. Tilting the drone upside down will stop the motors.

Been there, done that!

I have adopted a safeguard used on the Inspire 1pro. it has alignment indicators on the motor & props. So with the props installed on the M3 correctly, Ive painted a small white dot on the base of each prop and a small white dot aligned on the motor housing. In this way you always have a quick visual check that the props are installed correctly & twisted to the lock position.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dbez1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000