DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Public Liability Insurance

TKR_Bones

Reactions
I've been asked to shot some drone footage by a resident of a retirement village (friend of the family).

When seeking permission from the manager, they said I'd need to have Public Liability Insurance.

The only public liability insurance I can find, is for commercial use only.

Does any one know of where I can get insurance here in Australia for non-commercial use (hobby).

Thanks in advance

Cheers

I have $20m PLI for my business, but my insurer said no way for a RPA unless I had RePL.
I've also heard NMRA and YOUI might do it, but I havent enquired yet.
Make sure, when you enquire, you want PL and or insurance IN FLIGHT. Many will give cover if someone just nicks it out of your car, but not in the air.
Keep us informed how you go eh?

Westpac had a banner up in my branch that said "What ever you're into, we've got you covered" with a lady in the pic wearing 3D goggles. So at the counter I asked about Public liability for drones. A call was made, the answer was no.
I said " you'd better take down the banner then because it's false advertising."
I asked at the RACT last week to ... no.
I was with Youi before and enquired about a year ago ... no.
There's a big market for some insurance company there! Tap, tap.

Without a RePL you will find it hard to get any form of insurance. It is however getting easier to attain RePL and may be worth your while pursuing this

Insurance is not cheap and you will need to go through an Insurance Broker {fees are around the $100 - $175 AUD) watch out if you are based in Western Australia as there is Stamp Duty.

I recently had some quotes done for my Mavic Pro + M210 and $20Mil Liability its around the $3,000 mark per year. I was also asked to supply a copy of my Remote Operators Certificate (ReOC), not once asked to supply my RePL...? All the quotes have come back to QBE, Also tried to get my Mavic Pro covered for clients to use, when I do a 1 on 1 Introduction to drones, I was quoted $1000 AUD on top of the original $3,000.

Good luck on getting insurance

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun