DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pulled the trigger on a Mini 2

JamieK

Reactions
FX rates being fairly low at the moment I decided to finally pull the trigger on a Mini 2. I have to say DJI support was quick and helpful on the order. I noticed a typo on the shipping address when I got my order confirmation. Popped back on DJI.com clicked on the support chat and the typo was corrected in a few minutes. DHL has the shipping notice from DJI so I'm just waiting for an ETA now.

Once it gets here and proves good I'll decide what to do with the MP (which I rarely fly) and the MM which will likely be redundant.

Yeah...I don't think any one can have too many drones...it is a great hobby...I got the Mini2 after having a Phantom 2+....big difference...to me the cable connection rather than waiting for WiFi connection is a big plus...I like the App for it better too....I think you will enjoy it, good luck with it!..BTW where are you located?

Ive had one for a couple of months now, I like the extreme portability of it, I had the Mavic pro before which was the most portable before the Mini came out, the 4K is excellent, its just a pity that the FLY app is a pile of sht and that it has a lot less features than the GO and GO 4 app.

Reactions: stevenws and JamieK
I've been toying with the idea of a mini2 as well. I have the original mini and love it but find a fair bit of aircraft signal interference because of the area I fly, For those that have the mini 2 and might fly in downtown or urban areas, how does the new mini compare?

Yeah...I don't think any one can have too many drones...it is a great hobby...I got the Mini2 after having a Phantom 2+....big difference...to me the cable connection rather than waiting for WiFi connection is a big plus...I like the App for it better too....I think you will enjoy it, good luck with it!..BTW where are you located?
He's in a beautiful part of eastern Canada in the province of Nova Scotia. Had the pleasure of visiting Pictou in 08 since that was where my descendants first arrived in 1773 (i think) on the ship The Hector. There is a full size replica on their waterfront. Can't believe people would cross the Atlantic in hurricane season!

Reactions: JamieK
I've been toying with the idea of a mini2 as well. I have the original mini and love it but find a fair bit of aircraft signal interference because of the area I fly, For those that have the mini 2 and might fly in downtown or urban areas, how does the new mini compare?

the Mini2 uses occusync so transmission signal is a thousand times better than the mini 1, you can also switch to FCC mode to further improve signal if you are in a CE area using the drone-hacks tool

He's in a beautiful part of eastern Canada in the province of Nova Scotia. Had the pleasure of visiting Pictou in 08 since that was where my descendants first arrived in 1773 (i think) on the ship The Hector. There is a full size replica on their waterfront. Can't believe people would cross the Atlantic in hurricane season!
You are correct sir, 1773. The Hector is out of the water right now for a refit. The plan is to launch it again for the 250th anniversary. They hoisted it out last June, I could see the cranes from my living room. Here’s a cropped in shot of it from a couple weeks ago. 7991584A-0B8F-4F83-BC9C-2F39B00DDF80.jpeg

Got the update from DHL, expecting delivery June 14th. What surprised me is that it’s coming from China. I would have thought they’d ship it from a depot in the USA or Canada. It gives me more time to print up some accessories for it I guess ?

Whether or not you purchased the Fly More Combo, the batteries from your MM will fit the Mini 2 (but not vice-versa). Slightly less capacity but most of the tests I’ve read and viewed show very small flight time differences

Got the update from DHL, expecting delivery June 14th. What surprised me is that it’s coming from China. I would have thought they’d ship it from a depot in the USA or Canada. It gives me more time to print up some accessories for it I guess ?
Yup. Everything I have ordered direct from DJI has shipped from China. I ordered a phantom 4 battery a couple of weeks ago and the thing seemed to take forever to make the short drive from their facility to the Hong Kong airport. compare that to last year when I ordered my original Mini and I had the thing in about three days! I can't even get Canada Post to deliver city mail that fast!

Knowing that the original mini batteries fit in the Mini2, I am tempted to get one. I do lots of flying photographing high rises under construction and seem to have lots of signal interference.

I wonder if the mini two fits in the original mini's fly more case?

You are correct sir, 1773. The Hector is out of the water right now for a refit. The plan is to launch it again for the 250th anniversary. They hoisted it out last June, I could see the cranes from my living room. Here’s a cropped in shot of it from a couple weeks ago. View attachment 130081
Beautiful shot, JamieK. I had a great time in Pictou and it is a trip I will never forget. I think it was the last trip I took with my dad before he passed a few years later. I have this photo hanging on my wall:

_7114339.JPG

Just got my 2nd Mini2 today. I love these little drones !!!
So 2 Mini2s and six batteries....still have the others too. I also believe that you CAN NOT have too many drones.
When using the original batteries, I would use them as back ups. Remember they are heavier and weaker that the Mini2 batteries. So the handling will feel a little different if you fly a lot. But you are gonna LOVE that little fella.

Generally they ship it from California.

Maybe only the US stuff ships from California. Everything I have received comes from China. And guess what - there is a Mini2 fly more combo departing Dongguan tomorrow on its way to me! I swear if it wasn't for this forum I would $559USD richer!

Maybe only the US stuff ships from California. Everything I have received comes from China. And guess what - there is a Mini2 fly more combo departing Dongguan tomorrow on its way to me! I swear if it wasn't for this forum I would $559USD richer!
It’ll be interesting who they choose to ship it and if it gets to you any quicker than mine gets to me. Congrats on the new purchase :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S