DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Purchased 2 DJI Drones (less than the cost of M3 bundle and RC Pro) 😮

Skywatcher2001

Reactions
So, lets start with my intensions. I was always going to buy the M3 with the RC Pro Controller . . . that was never a question; ($1,199.00 + $2,999.00 = $4,198.00 (remember this price).

Like many of you, I waited for the RC Pro Controller and M3 to be bundled to save a little cash . . . but DJI decided to keep their over-pricing tactics exclusive to us North Americans, the Africans, the non- Chinese Asians, the Australians and the Europeans, basically the earth (only offering the bundle to the nice folks in mainland China). Ok DJI. . . I see you :confused:.

So this is what I did (with the tremendous help of zeusfl ):

* Purchased DJI Air2s (3-battery bundle) with the RC Pro Controller:
Amazon: $1,749.00 Brand New (link below)

* Purchased DJI Mavic 3 (2-battery Bundle) with RC-N1 Controller
eBay: $2,349.00 Brand New (link below)

NOTE: You can also buy DJI Mavic 3 (Replacement Drone Only) from dealers here in the U.S. for $1,749.00 (body, camera and gimbal only).

TOTAL COST TO ME: $4,098.00

Both drone links are below so you can see what is all included in both packages. So, now I have two (2) complete Drone bundles for $4,098.00 and if I wanted, I could sell the new Air2S and RC-N1 for $1,000 and save even more. Ok DJI . . . I see you 🤒, you're not looking to good though 😒.

By the way . . . that carry bag for the M3 that comes in the bundle (that DJI charges $319 for on their site)? That bag is selling in China for $150 U.S. currency. eBay has them for about the same ($150) brand new. It's pretty obvious why the rest of the world is getting gouged by DJI (base of operations: China).

DO BETTER DJI :confused:‼️. . . and fix the M3 satellite acquisition time thingy!

I can see that you are quite happy with your purchase, and glad you accomplished your goal. Enjoy safe and happy flying!

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
All that ordering and buying and waiting to save 100 bucks, am I missing something..?
Yes Captain, I purchased two (2) of the best DJI drones on the market for $100 less than the most expensive one (the M3) . . . I only made 2 online purchases (here in the U.S.) Took less than a minute. I got my birds within 5 days 😊.

Last edited:
Just one note on the DJI Air2s Amazon Link purchase. The description says 'Smart Controller' but you actually get the new RC Pro Controller (I can confirm that). It is also confirmed in the comments under the product rating and answered questions.

Yes Captain, I purchased two (2) of the best DJI drones on the market for $100 less than the most expensive one (the M3) . . . I only made 2 online purchases (here in the U.S.) Took less than a minute. I got my birds within 5 days 😊.
That’s what they call “Chinese Math” right there. Good thinkin’!

• Haha
Very Smart move. Thanks for heads up but, imo, M3 not quite ready for prime time. I bought the mini 1 too soon, skipped M2, upgraded to A2. You did good.
Thank you Capt KO. I don't lose much with the Air2s in daylight flying so I'll fly that one until the M3 eventually locks satellites (10 minutes later) 😂😂😂. I definitely gambled here (hoping) the M3 issues can be worked out with software updates.

That’s what they call “Chinese Math” right there. Good thinkin’!
You're killing me Maxx 😂😂😂👍🏿. . . I had to be verrrry careful typing that post and thumbing my nose at DJI . . . I didn't want the moderators to come down on me like an anvil ☺️.

• Haha
Reactions: MaxE1955!
Value is subjective. To you, the additional cost is not worth it. To others, it is. Outstanding issues aside, there is nothing that does what the Mavic 3 does. Micro 4/3rd in a platform weighing under 2.5lbs, 30 mins flight time, exceptional HD range, and unparalleled handling.

Value is subjective. To you, the additional cost is not worth it. To others, it is. Outstanding issues aside, there is nothing that does what the Mavic 3 does. Micro 4/3rd in a platform weighing under 2.5lbs, 30 mins flight time, exceptional HD range, and unparalleled handling.
ianwood I was always going to buy Mavic 3 with the RC Pro remote. I just figured I'd maximize my dollars. But forget about that. I went to your website and I gotta say . . . verrrry impressive work. That's top shelf quality. Your comments on the Mavic 3 are very encouraging (based on your background). So I'll just shut up . . . follow you and hopefully I can learn something . . . . ☺️☺️☺️👍🏿❗️Very impressive sir . . .

Reactions: ianwood
Agreed. After the last FW update, the M3 is almost what it should be. The only issue still outstanding as far as I can see is the GPS issue, which I personally don’t experience. I’m not minimizing that issue or letting DJI off the hook for it, but, in my mind, it certainly doesn’t negate all the places where the M3 really shines. I’ve owned 3 DJI birds now, and the M3 is my favorite.

• Love
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf