DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Purchased awhile ago, brand new...opened today and NOTHING

BLKLBL

Reactions
Purchased a Mavic Pro (fly more combo) brand new nearly 2 years ago. Attempted to set it up today for the first time and unfortunately immediately seem to have 3 bad batteries (at least that’s what I’m thinking). None will charge, the charging hub will go from a green LED to red within 15 seconds. 2 of the batteries will not even do anything when I push the button, pretty much DOA. 1 will go through a sequence but will not power up anything.
I am admittedly not a drone pilot and not familiar with the device. I’m sure this is a frustrating question for experienced fliers but I’m just trying to get started. Any information is appreciated. If this is common and a lost cause and I’ve purchased a bad model (as in junk, as it appears I have) please let me know. At this point the frustration has got the best of me and this brand new unit may be making its way to the trash bin if this is a common theme.
Appreciate any insight. Thank you in advance.

As RayOz said the batteries are probably beyond revival. The bird however is one of the best out there still. Buy new batteries and enjoy the sport. If not still interested in droning, offer what you have in the classified section of this forum and someone will be happy to allow you to recover some of your investment.

Purchased a Mavic Pro (fly more combo) brand new nearly 2 years ago. Attempted to set it up today for the first time and unfortunately immediately seem to have 3 bad batteries (at least that’s what I’m thinking). None will charge, the charging hub will go from a green LED to red within 15 seconds. 2 of the batteries will not even do anything when I push the button, pretty much DOA. 1 will go through a sequence but will not power up anything.
I am admittedly not a drone pilot and not familiar with the device. I’m sure this is a frustrating question for experienced fliers but I’m just trying to get started. Any information is appreciated. If this is common and a lost cause and I’ve purchased a bad model (as in junk, as it appears I have) please let me know. At this point the frustration has got the best of me and this brand new unit may be making its way to the trash bin if this is a common theme.

While the battery is plugged into the charger, hold the button down for 20 seconds. If that doesn't work, try double-clicking it a few times.

Reactions: Flycaster
A lipo battery sitting for two years will self-discharge beyond the point where it’s recoverable. Your batteries aren’t defective, they were misused. Your only solution is to toss the batteries and buy new ones. Not cheap, but probably makes more sense than throwing away a perfectly good drone.

I’d open a case with DJI in case they’ll replace under warranty (very unlikely), but maybe they’ll sell you new ones at discount.

Last edited:
At this point the frustration has got the best of me and this brand new unit may be making its way to the trash bin if this is a common theme.
Don't throw it away, throw it MY way!

Let me know when you get it boxed up, I'll send you my address ;)

The batteries definitely are not.

A lipo battery sitting for two years will self-discharge beyond the point where it’s recoverable. Your batteries aren’t defective, they were misused. Your only solution is to toss the batteries and buy new ones. Not cheap, but probably makes more sense that throwing away a perfectly good drone.

I’d open a case with DJI in case they’ll replace under warranty (very unlikely), but maybe they’ll sell you new ones at discount.

I'm just curious.....If 2 ys is beyond recovery, what is the time limit that is currently ok for the batteries. Can I let them self-discharge for the winter starting in December and sit until May without any problems?

I'm just curious.....If 2 ys is beyond recovery, what is the time limit that is currently ok for the batteries. Can I let them self-discharge for the winter starting in December and sit until May without any problems?

Mine has been sitting since last March. I just pulled them out and they have a little over half a charge. I've had them come from the factory dead as a doornail. Put them on the charger and nothing, but after fiddling with them a bit I've always been able to get them to start charging again,

They go into a sleep mode after sitting in a warehouse and becoming fully discharged. They are not bad, so don't just throw them away and buy new ones.

Reactions: Flycaster
Thank you for the info. makes sense.

2 years in the box, the battery would’ve died. Once the batteries fall below a certain voltage, it cannot be revived. I don’t think you can claim under warranty since you’ve kept it that long without using. You would have to purchase new batteries.

The safety guide tells you to Fully charge and discharge at 3 months.
So how is this Full discharge done? Fly until the battery is so low that bird emergency lands?

Mine has been sitting since last March. I just pulled them out and they have a little over half a charge. I've had them come from the factory dead as a doornail. Put them on the charger and nothing, but after fiddling with them a bit I've always been able to get them to start charging again,

They go into a sleep mode after sitting in a warehouse and becoming fully discharged. They are not bad, so don't just throw them away and buy new ones.
For the OP, can you be more specific as to "fiddling with them a little bit"?

The safety guide tells you to Fully charge and discharge at 3 months.
So how is this Full discharge done? Fly until the battery is so low that bird emergency lands?
Airdata has a guide on batteries too...along with a guide on deep cycle every 20 times used and a warning never to fully discharge.

have the charger plugged into the battery and mains and as someone else stated do the turn on quick press release and long press keep your finger on the button for about 20 seconds and then release if you are lucky after a few minutes the first light should start to flash rapidly then it will slow down and eventually the second light will start to flash as well then just leave it alone till all 4 lights are on steady but wait for the battery to turn off by itself it takes a while for the cells to all get balanced there is a slim chance of success good luck and let us know how you get on, only do one battery at a time don't use the hub just plug the single charger lead into the battery

This is how I recovery my Mavic 2 battery from a
deep sleep.

deep sleep.
i would not recommend a complete novice to do what you did ,you obviously have the knowledge and equipment to open up a mavic battery but one mistake like a short would end in a lot of smoke and even a fire please dont try this at home,unless you know what you are doing

Reactions: SamssLV
deep sleep.
I had t that happen with a Phantom 4. It sat for a couple of years...killed the batteries. I scoured the web for a solution. Solved the problem by throwing the batteries away and buying a couple of new ones. Works great now. My bet...those three batteries of yours are toast.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas