DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Putting counter weight on my 30 dollar drone.

Desert Skies

Reactions
I have a big problem with my cheap drone, it drifts to the left. Hovering is impossible, forward is possible but you will fly to the left, backwards is barely controllable.

This is the front side view of it. The right side is marked in red. I am thinking of putting some kind of weight on the right side of the body to counter the extreme left drift. Any recommendations?

@moddiback Thanks, I am going to try and replace the batteries in my controller to see if that works. I did use it a lot this week. If that doesn't work I will try to reset the trim settings. Crossing my fingers.

I understand it is a very cheap drone but in this state it is just unusable.

I have a big problem with my cheap drone, it drifts to the left. Hovering is impossible, forward is possible but you will fly to the left, backwards is barely controllable.

View attachment 75217

This is the front side view of it. The right side is marked in red. I am thinking of putting some kind of weight on the right side of the body to counter the extreme left drift. Any recommendations?
get a Tello

Reactions: Mrmund
Put larger rubber bands on the left side props.

No, really- your counter weight idea may not work if it senses a tilt, it will just put more power to the right side to counteract it. I wonder if the level sensor is off level a bit, is there a way to calibrate it?

Tello. But it may help you in the future when you progress to better quality uav's to figure out why. Make sure the props are installed correctly, look at them and see if you can notice one of them being slightly out of kilter. but go ahead and order a Tello.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000