DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

QQ about M3 low battery warning

Nash2017

Reactions
Site
www.vibrantshadows.com
I have been flying MP Platinum with Go4 app and never used Fly app. I just placed order for M3 (couldn't resist lol) and have a question about setting the low battery warning level. Is it possible to set the percentage level at which it should be triggered or is it another parameter which can't be tuned?

TIA

I have been flying MP Platinum with Go4 app and never used Fly app. I just placed order for M3 (couldn't resist lol) and have a question about setting the low battery warning level. Is it possible to set the percentage level at which it should be triggered or is it another parameter which can't be tuned?

TIA
Just had a look, you cannot change any of the battery settings in the Fly App on the RC Pro, it tells you information about the battery, voltages cell balance, serial number & times charged but, unlike Go4 you cannot change the discharge times or set the return parameters, as yet.

I have been flying MP Platinum with Go4 app and never used Fly app.
You may want to reconsider your next aircraft. There is a substantial difference between the Go4 app and the fly app. With what you have been flying, you may want to consider going to the Mavic2 pro as an upgrade. You would not be disappointed.

Reactions: Nash2017
You might like to watch this video, it does not result in a loss but is interesting.

I can understand the desire to see how far it goes but not really the reason for posting videos of simple range tests.
However, that one contains several lessons,
1) The old one, don't do a range test distance downwind on the out bound leg.
2) But what really got my interest was, the M3 giving the perhaps EARLY "battery level has reached the limit for a successful return home" warning at 6:43, 28,060ft & 78% charge......and of course his ignoring it!

I've had such warning's myself and their trigger level obviously varies with the distance from the home point but it seems to me that the M3 took the wind into consideration as well, which is not something I have noticed with my own, NOT M3 drones.
The latter, though not strictly related to this thread, is the reason I posted the link, a good lesson for an pilot unfamiliar with the drone.

I don't know if the video's pilot picked up on that other than the 'fob off' just after the warning and I haven't yet trawled through the subtitles to see if he later comments on the wisdom of his choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen this and others do the range test - I really do not understand why they do this! I am Part 107 certified and fly my drone within my VLOS.
While unfortunate that there are folks out there that do fly beyond what can be seen, not all have the same thoughts that you express. May have something to do with DJI and other manufacturers building into their products the capability to do so. My thought would be that if those capabilities didn’t exist, their revenue would be far less in volume. If a poll was to be taken, it would probably show signs of inaccuracies simply because many would not be willing to verify what they actually do with how they fly the product they use. One more thought would be that if all humans were exactly the same, think how boring that world would be.

Was UAV forecast unavailable to assess the wind? Couldn’t the wind driven waves be seen in the outbound leg? Seems like the OP made more than one mistake.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy